[BtS] Rise of Mankind

Getting Memory allocation failures pretty early on. My comp is a 3ghz dual core with a 7900GTO and 2gb of ram...

Tried, didn't work (thanks anyway) and proceeded to drastic measures (I had problems running any mod in Bts) aka reinstall the whole Civ4 package (three different disks, not the all-in-one version). Now things are smooth and nice :D

You are very welcome. Said it was weird, but then so is the problem.:crazyeye:
BTW in Warlords I used to have to save the game and then reload it from cntl-L to get the buttons back.
:cry: :lol:

ive added about 30 extra civilizations to your mod, can i upload it as an extra (giving full credit to the rest of the mod to yourself of course?)

Is it possible to play this mod until the end or is it always crashing in the indutrial/modern age ?
The unit riot police has something tot do with the crashes.
When will this be fixed ?

Is it possible to play this mod until the end or is it always crashing in the indutrial/modern age ?
The unit riot police has something tot do with the crashes.
When will this be fixed ?

don't think it's a problem w/riot police. increasing virtual memory has me able to land on Alpha Centauri or just screw around perfecting my society until post 2000.

Check out link in post #882.

Got to 1644AD on a Gigantic map before it become unbearably slow.

I absolutely love Gigantic size maps, numerous civilizations can make empires, and there is more to explore for ages. Unfortunately the slow down is abyssmal.

And how do I do that?

Also, while I can load a saved game from the file from desktop, I can't in game as it always causes a MAF.

ive added about 30 extra civilizations to your mod, can i upload it as an extra (giving full credit to the rest of the mod to yourself of course?)

I really hope this is accepted, as I was just about to try and combine CIV Gold with this mod to give it a whirl, there are not enough empires in the standard civ games for me really, I play with around 30 (modified DLL) and like the variety of civ gold.

30 More civs would be perfect :)

Anyway i'll download this now and give it a try, if I can get a few more civs in there myself.

Ah I see 18 civs are the max, any chance of an alternate dll file for those of us who like the big maps with more civs, from what I understand its a tiny change to get more civs but I cannot achieve this myself without the source code, hence my request.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=192620

States:

CvDefines.h, at line 23 change
#define MAX_CIV_PLAYERS (18)
to
#define MAX_CIV_PLAYERS (what you want)

Thank you very much for considering this either way.

if you have at least 2 gig of ram disable paging of the units in the civ4 config file to dratically speed up the game ;)

So you mean these:

; Set to 1 to page units out when non-visible
DynamicUnitPaging = 1

; Set to 1 to page unit anims out when the unit is non visible
DynamicAnimPaging = 1

If disable those my game should speed up?, And i have 2 gig of ram.

Boy, I'd be really interested to see a reply to the following....

So you mean these:

DynamicUnitPaging = 1

DynamicAnimPaging = 1

If disable those my game should speed up?

....Because I get a ton of slowdown also and I've got 2GB of RAM. Funny things when I get some lag I then hit the "Windows" button to go to the desktop. When I get back into the game the game seems to speed up again. Hmmmm....................

I wish they'd fix the game already.

Boy, I'd be really interested to see a reply to the following....

So you mean these:

DynamicUnitPaging = 1

DynamicAnimPaging = 1

If disable those my game should speed up?

....Because I get a ton of slowdown also and I've got 2GB of RAM. Funny things when I get some lag I then hit the "Windows" button to go to the desktop. When I get back into the game the game seems to speed up again. Hmmmm....................

I believe those are already set to true(1) so the units are paged out.:confused:

Top Bottom