1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[BtS] Rise of Mankind

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by zappara, Aug 17, 2007.

1. Donkey Puncher

Donkey Puncher Prince

hopefully he's playing and updating to 2.0

2. GyroLeader

GyroLeader Warlord

Yes, but High_Elf_Lord-M says that disaple paging unit, so i but it to (0). Could High_Elf_Lord-M say what he means?

3. dasvidania

dasvidania Warlord

does version 2.0 is just ready?

4. paareth

paareth Chieftain

Simply one way to find out, set it to 0 if its already at 1 and see if it speeds up or slows down.

5. High_Elf_Lord-M

High_Elf_Lord-M Chieftain

sorry for the delay gettin back to you

Yes, but High_Elf_Lord-M says that disaple paging unit, so i but it to (0). Could High_Elf_Lord-M say what he means?

well in my config.ini file the value for paging units was set to 0, so i set it too 1
    if this dosn't help, then maybe you just have slow ram?

do you know your ram speed?

mines 533mhz and struggle on a giant map somtimes, epsecially if a load of civs are at war!

6. GyroLeader

GyroLeader Warlord

My ram is Kingston Drr2 667mzh.

But i dont have much speed problems, i was just asking, if i can speed the game. :)

7. drgoodspeak

drgoodspeak Chieftain

Hello, I'm having problems getting the flag part of this mod to work and it's driving me crazy. When I start as the English using the 18Civs map for this mod, the English have the dark red colour and the map is dark red with a yellow cross on it? If I go into world-builder, all the other civs seem to have the original game flags, blue with yellow star for America, fleur de lys for France etc. I've searched and searched but cannot find a post describing the same issue, and therefore no fix.

Please help, correct flags don't seem to be that crucial to most people playing Civ, but for me it adds so much more to the experience.

8. Sword_Of_Geddon

Sword_Of_Geddon Mysterious Jungle Warrior

Zappara hasn't appeared in awile like I said....I don't know why this is but this is his mod...

9. GyroLeader

GyroLeader Warlord

He's last activity on this forum is today morning, so he havent forgot us. :lol:

10. Sword_Of_Geddon

Sword_Of_Geddon Mysterious Jungle Warrior

But where is he on this thread lol....:lol:

11. GyroLeader

GyroLeader Warlord

Hey!

I been playing this mod and having lots of fun. But i got one little problem, sometimes i play there comes after turn start the terrain changes to very wierd black area. Here is picture:

And when that comes, the game is starting to lag and choke a lot.

That comes just random, when i play about 2 hours, it comes 1-5 times. Its goes away by going to main menu and loading the game.

Any way to fix this?

12. Empiremaker

Empiremaker Human Fish

Happy birthday, Zappara. [party]

13. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

When things start to go black, usually means yor graphics card is not upto snuff., i'd say within a year it will be no good. My opinion.:rolleyes:

14. GyroLeader

GyroLeader Warlord

I dont think so, i been having little problems with my computer quite while. In event viever there are ati2mtag error, on internet i found that its because new ati catalyst drivers. So i gonna try today by dowloading older version.

Not sure do this help to this problem with Civ4, but i hope so. :)

By the way, i just finished game with this mod, i got Conquest victory. Lol, it took 950 turns and 24 hours, 14 minutes.

I really like this mod, with this mod i didnt even get Steam power in 24 hours, and usually have wars with only Modern units, but with this mod i had lots of wars with all the way from ancient era.

15. DrwHem

DrwHem Prince

is it possible to make it so that when you change ages you dont have to rebuild ancient buildings? i have had to rebuild every aqueduct,bazaar, jewelery, and ceremonial alter in every one of my cities. also i am in the future age and the heavy pikemen unit is still a construction option along with the normal tank and modern armor which are all redundant with the t95 tank now available and it really clutters up the menu.
    Also is it possible to make a future equivalent of marines and paratroopers? i have no one with amphibious attacks or parachuting other than the obsolete marines and paratroopers

16. riesscar

riesscar Chieftain

Is this mod still in production?

17. GyroLeader

GyroLeader Warlord

It should, altought Zappara havent posted here in a while. I hope there will be updates. :D

18. bcr1776

bcr1776 Warlord

:confused: :confused: :confused: Never had to do this with my cities! Corrupt xml somewhere?

19. Donkey Puncher

Donkey Puncher Prince

hey zap how about adding GIR's macchu picchu wonder in the next patch

20. Amask

Amask Oogala Boogala

allright, I can't possibly read 46 pages of posts, so I'm sorry if this isn't new

I didn't actually play a game yet, just went into the worldbuilder and moved my settler to the north pole and had the AIs play themselves, just to see how they perform compared to a standard game (so I can tell what difficulty and other settings I will enjoy most with the mod without having to invest hours into a trial game)

anyway, by middle ages, I saw many many size 19 and even bigger cities, so I went into the worldbuilder and got myself some great spies

when I looked into the cities of AIs, this is what I saw:
    ports were giving 12 happy faces
    in coastal cities, barracks were functioning fine
    in non-coastal cities, barracks were giving 10 happy faces
    as far as I remember, this was the case for all the civs

I looked through the civics and such (and wonders), and didn't notice anything that would explain this

the game was on immortal difficulty if that matters, normal speed, big and small map type, huge size, normal everything else except for "no tech brokering" and "city flipping after conquest", one extra AI who I moved into my starting location on the first turn