[BtS] Rise of Mankind

The game I am playing is well into the industrial age and havent had a crash yet. May be an issue with certain units (i.e. Curraisser, which I havent tried to build). By the way I discovered you have to be on the coast to build the SoL..oops.

Does this mod still crash when you enter the Industrial Age?

I've finished 5 games with this mod and have not experienced this Industrial age CTD that some ppl have reported.

I do have Bhruic's UOP3.13 ver 1.11 .dll installed too.

IIRC, there was a problem if you had installed BtS official 3.03 patch before updating to 3.13. The 3.03 had to be removed.

JosEPh

Hello everybody

I made a new Add-On for my most favorite mod RoM. This add-on adds both Revolution and DCM to Rise of Mankind.

You can find it here:http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=9087

Installation instructions are on the download page. Please read and follow carefully. I can't over-stress this. I will create a thread for the Add-On in the RoM sub-forum once Zappara permit it. For the time being feedback is most welcome on the download page.

Hopefully you will find it enjoyable. The three pieces making the mix sure are.

I am aware of the unit statistics modcomp and yes it is quite interesting. I will have it on my to do list though for now I like to make sure that the Add-On is working well before trying to add more stuff to it. Thanks for the suggestion.

Hello everybody

I made a new Add-On for my most favorite mod RoM. This add-on adds both Revolution and DCM to Rise of Mankind.

You can find it here:http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=9087

Installation instructions are on the download page. Please read and follow carefully. I can't over-stress this. I will create a thread for the Add-On in the RoM sub-forum once Zappara permit it. For the time being feedback is most welcome on the download page.

Hopefully you will find it enjoyable. The three pieces making the mix sure are.
Thumbs up for making more addons for RoM! :goodjob: By the way, does your addon increase the amount of civs you can have in-game?

Would like to see some modules made for RoM too... most want more civs, right? ;)

I've uploaded RoM version 1.0.3 just some minutes ago. Previous patches are included in it and v1.0.3 fixes some bugs that I've found from the mod while I've been making v2.0 and what has been reported earlier in this thread. Biggest fix is for UI problem that Civ 4 Complete Edition users had (if the fix works).. I can't test the fix myself because I don't have Complete edition so I'm hoping one of those users give some feedback soon if this fix works or not. Link to new patch 1.0.3.

hi Zappara

I asked you about the problem in running this MOD on Complete edition. I once thought fixing it will require a lot of knowledge so I aborted but when I had time I attempted and it works fine now! thank you very much.

So the procedure is (for reference by people with same prob in near future)

1. run regedit.exe
2. under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Fraxis Games find warlords and BtS folder
3. right click and create new registry name "INSTALLDIR" in each folder
4. assign paths of the exe files of Warlords and BtS to the new files in respective folder

I do have to say, this is my favorite mod yet.

I played all the way through, till future tech and man.
My favorite part of this is the techs past what we have now, I always love seeing what other people think will happen.

To anyone starting a new game, I suggest going a level up from what you usually do because at noble, I was blowing away.

I had dreadnaughts and nanite clouds will supp had cavlary.

btw.. do you always have to start Civ IV, click on mod and restart the entire program in order to start a mod? can I create a shortcut?

New for RevolutionDCM Add-On. I have just posted an Earth map for RoM that works with the Add-On. The map starts with only 4 ancient civs. But don't worry with Revolution there will be many more spawning around. The max number of civs is 34. Enjoy!!

Find it in the Add-On's thread (link in my signature). Post #3 Dedicated for maps (more to come!!).

more civs and more leaders are always a good thing

btw.. do you always have to start Civ IV, click on mod and restart the entire program in order to start a mod? can I create a shortcut?

Here's my shortcut for Rise of Mankind. You can change the last part to the directory name of the mod you want to auto-load

"C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe" mod=\Rise of Mankind

1. In Beyond the Sword folder there should be file named: CivilizationIV.ini.
2. Open it notepad and find the line that says: Mod = 0
3. Replace that line with text: Mod = Mods\Rise of Mankind
4. Save the file

Now next time you start BtS it will automatically load Rise of Mankind mod.

Hm. This is a fun mod. I'll be blaming you for my lack of progress on my school work ;) .

Can I make a suggestion concerning corporations?

Would there be any way to mix the mercenary system (of buying and selling units) and corporations, i.e: contractors?

Basically, say you found a corporation called Mobile Infantry Inc. a number of units will be available for hire per turn depending on the number of resources consumed and cities it's based in. Is that workable?

Place the two files you will find inside this rar on your desktop. If your civ4 is installed to the default location they will work for you. Otherwise you will need to right click the file select properties then change the path in the target box to whatever the actual path is.

PS. It has a shortcut for HitM as well.

thanks guys. it works all fine now.

I was too afraid to edit ini file, so I simply changed the shortcut path to
"C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe" mod=\Rise of Mankind

I didn't know you could enter commands as mod=\Rise of Mankind in shortcut path to specify which mods to start up. it's a very user-friendly system :)

I found a number of bugs but I assume they are being fixed now..
the memory allocation error is really annoying as the program shuts down :( I hope it will get fixed soon.

btw, what happens if you update RoM to V1.03 while you have been playing a game on V1.02? will it load just fine?

I get lovely Memory Allocation Errors while LOADING games now.
The files are about 800kb large.
I gave up trying to play around with those 2700kb games, because at the latest after 3 turns CTD MAE.

The mod is great, but those (CIV 4 basic) issues must be addressed.

I also experienced that if you have "raging barbarians" the game becomes really slow already during the first 300 turns.

My 5 cents, hope they might add value for someone.

I'll try to add Revolution now, but I'm afraid the whole thing will become even more prone to slowness (with 2,5 GB RAM) and crashes.

Top Bottom