[BtS] Rise of Mankind

After I downloaded the game I loaded the Mod and then I clicked single player but then it was the same as the old version??:confused:
RoM version 1.03 or version 2.2? This is version 1 thread. What you mean by saying "the old version"? If you mean RoM 2.2, most of it looks exactly like RoM 1.03 but there's been plenty of changes to all things.

I only have version 2.2, and i mean when i loaded the Mod how do i start playing Rise of Mankind??

Help!

this mod doesn't work 100% for me:
without the latest patch it doesn't show the sub-menus buttons like "found city" or "build" and neither the civilizations in the bottom right corner of the screen...
with the latest patch and Kalimakhus Extra Stuff it seems to be all alright (buttons and stuff) but it crashes in the load bar or after a few seconds of play...
I have BTS ver. 301

HELP anyone

Txs

Cool looks nice!

This is probably one of the best mod I've played. I only have one question and sorry if this is a stupid one or has solution is somewhere else. How do I limit the number of civs that are spawned, I thought I had limited it to 12 in the customs games option screen but by the 1400s the number of civs has swelled to 30, the game slows down way to much for it to be playable on my computer. Is there anyway of limiting the number of new civs that are created once the game starts, i.e civs splitting into new civs or barbarians forming new civs.

Cheers

How does everyone rate the UN Mission that comes with RoM 2.3? I kind of like but I was wondering if a different approach is possible. Something like you train a UN Ambessador and "attach" it to a unit, in the same fashion of attaching a general to a unit. Instead of being able to upgrade unints to Barrage etc. you can then upgrade your units to UN Force. The UN Force ability then gives your unit Hidden Nationality and possibly -10% strenght (seriously, when was the last time a UN Mission was well-equipped?).

love this mod but my only complaint is the world map is too small. being the spanish, i'm only able to build one city. have tried to use a huge map that i downloaded and it is not compatible with the mod. is there another world map that is bigger than the one included in the mod??? thank you. great mod by the way.

love this mod but my only complaint is the world map is too small. being the spanish, i'm only able to build one city. have tried to use a huge map that i downloaded and it is not compatible with the mod. is there another world map that is bigger than the one included in the mod??? thank you. great mod by the way.
Yay, I'm not the only one who occasionally posts in this topic.

Great mod... I love it! BUT:

So here is what happened:
I have been playing Rise of Mankind for a few weeks building my empire as Saladin...
Game started to be very interesting at around 250AD:
I was in 3rd place right after China and Russia.
My empire was spanned on where Saudi Arabia, Israel, Lebanon, and Syria are today as well as big part of today's South Africa (borders with Zulu, Egypt, Abyssinia)
Then at around 750AD, all these countries suddenly started a war against me. All at once:
China
Russia
Egypt
Korea
Abyssinia
Mongolia
Sumeria
Mali
Vikings
Ethiopia
I had either Pleased or Cautious with EVERYONE... none of them were even annoyed... and all of a sudden they open war.
The weirdest part is that 1 turn after was started I get about 20 Chinese units (mostly elephants) attacking my cities in South Africa... How the hell did they get there so fast???
Am I missing something?? Is this a bug of some sort??
There is now way I am going to survive this war and there was no reason for them to start it.

Any ideas?

The AI won't declare war on you until they have enough troops in place on your border ready to attack the nearest and weakest cities.

All the other countries were probably happier with China and/or China gave them enough goodies :)

Hey, here's an odd bug:
I was building my wonders, because i only build certain ones, and i was building the Pyramids in my capitol. I finished it and was happy. Then, the next turn, another city that had finished building a spearman and that was always mine (i.e. not captured) said it could no longer build the Pyramids and gave me a couple hundred gold. Naturally i was happy, but i feel a reponsibility to post it.

How can I tell which religion or civic is used by a leader on RoM??

I know that in Vanilla and BTS I can just bring my mouse over the leader's head when contacting them and see that. For some reason I cannot see anything in RoM... Just the rood and bad things balance (list of red and green items). I see his characteristics but not his religion or civic.

Anyway of easily finding that out?

Thanks!

I really love this mod, particularly because of the depth of it, but it is kind of unbalanced. i downloaded the 90-civ BONUS pack, and its great, but its got some balance issues. Most Civs have 1 or 2 UUs, and some other ones have up to 5:eek:. That's pretty major.

Love the mod!

However, I have a glitch where other nations cannot liberate cities to me. When the diplomacy window comes up and they offer to liberate a city I have no options (can't click accept or anything, I have to hit escape). Kinda sucks because Pusan is completely within my borders, the Native Americans don't want it, but I can't obtain it. It's hurting both our countries... :(

I've always noticed that somebody else wants something when this happens, as in, another nation is in the diplomatic queue

Also, on a side note, is there anyone who just hates the futuristic "Special Infantry" unit? It looks so cheesy! Certainly there has to be a better futuristic looking infantry unit (something like the Cyborg or something from Starship Troopers would suffice).

EDIT: lol, I just noticed there are actually TWO Rise of Mankind threads... haha

my game crashes everytime sometimes it's when I'm playing and other times it's when I want to start a game
the error message says that it's something with runtime but my computer is really good and should be able to handle this (it can handle harder games than civ 4)
any idea what I could do?

First off this MOD is absolutely fantastic. I consider Civ 4 to only be Civ 3.5 then BtS to be Civ 3.8 and then this MOD makes it Civ 4.0!

However though I have a complaint about the World levels

The maps are huge which is great, but there are too many damn civs starting especially considering the Revolution Mod is on which creates even more. Not only does this slow up the game, but since there are so many Civ associated with Europe (a rather small part of the entire world) no Civ beginning in Europe (French, Spanish, Germany, etc) can become a world superpower. I think there needs to be a new map where there are only one or two starting Civs in Europe and various Revolutions will determine who will stay.

Also I would be hard pressed to find a person that owns a computer which can run this World scenerio after about 1700 AD when the world map is revealed and there about 35 Civs you have contact with. Each turn takes a long time to load and after about 4-5 turns my game crashes.

If you could make a map for the World where there are only about 12 Civ all in realistic starting locations that would be fanatastic.

Anyway keep up the good work with this MOD.

First off this MOD is absolutely fantastic. I consider Civ 4 to only be Civ 3.5 then BtS to be Civ 3.8 and then this MOD makes it Civ 4.0!

However though I have a complaint about the World levels

The maps are huge which is great, but there are too many damn civs starting especially considering the Revolution Mod is on which creates even more. Not only does this slow up the game, but since there are so many Civ associated with Europe (a rather small part of the entire world) no Civ beginning in Europe (French, Spanish, Germany, etc) can become a world superpower. I think there needs to be a new map where there are only one or two starting Civs in Europe and various Revolutions will determine who will stay.

Also I would be hard pressed to find a person that owns a computer which can run this World scenerio after about 1700 AD when the world map is revealed and there about 35 Civs you have contact with. Each turn takes a long time to load and after about 4-5 turns my game crashes.

If you could make a map for the World where there are only about 12 Civ all in realistic starting locations that would be fanatastic.

Anyway keep up the good work with this MOD.

Don't know about that. I'm usually France (though I have to admit I "fix" the map a little, move the coal and iron to hills location), and the playing with no deplomacy until writing, I still manage to become world superpower on deity pretty easily. As well, I used to play with the Persians, and it was alway Germany who became the other superpower (though I do not remember wich version, if at all, of the mod this was. Still: Try france: Go to war early on and you as good as start with rome, madrid and paris

Top Bottom