[BTS] Road to war PBEM

Mother Russia grows impatient, invades Poland for fun.

I know the difference between pbem and internet or simultaneous play, I"ve just never tried to play by pbem in civ before--either Road to War or regular civ or warlords or BtS.

Is pbem an option for this scenario?

I have sent an e mail to Dale(designer of scenario) to find out

will keep you posted

no details...sorry guys:cry:

Dale does get busy

Sorry, never received an email. Lucky I keep an eye on this thread to see how you guys get on. ;)

I've had another report of PBEM not working right over at Poly, so this makes the second.

I'm not sure if it'll work at all as I don't test MP during my testing phase. I leave that up to you guys. I'll do a test as soon as I can though. :)

Just ran a quick test, and wasn't given the option to choose the game mode. I ran Europe 1936 with 4 humans and the remainder AI's.

I'll look into it. I might be able to get it into beta 3 due out this week. :)

I believe I've fixed it for PBEM. After some changes, I can choose a mode, and it'll be applied throughout the game. Not sure if it'll work seamlessly (only ran through a few turns) but you'll find out in beta 3. :)

BTW, I'm pretty sure random events won't work as expected, but historical and open should.

Russia is pleased. Changes Moscow name to 'Dalegrad'.

Dale is a true HERO

cant wait to get our hands on it

I believe I've fixed it for PBEM. After some changes, I can choose a mode, and it'll be applied throughout the game. Not sure if it'll work seamlessly (only ran through a few turns) but you'll find out in beta 3. :)

BTW, I'm pretty sure random events won't work as expected, but historical and open should.

Dale when you say random you mean no historical parameters at all, correct?

Beta 3 is up if you want to try a PBEM game. :)

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=234668

The random events mode I mention is the third option you can choose on the game mode popup. There's accurate historical events, random historical events and open play. I very much doubt the random events option will work in PBEM.

I'm interested also, as long as the AI is out of the picture for all of the major countries. What countries are available? How many turns per day are we looking at? Any contingencies for what happens if people drop out along the way?

1936 - Europe
Noble level
Historical is fine, but Open would likely be more interesting. If Open, I would like one of the neutral countries such as Sweden or Turkey.

BTW, I am looking to play PBEM with the scenario map/#turns, not some random map. I tried the latest download last night, and it does look like it will set up a PBEM game for this scenario.

How about updating the line up to include me--I'm playing Germany. You need to include un non-Allied powers as well prext..thanks.

Anyone else left who needs a country?

We could use another Spain or Poland or Turkey.

Prext, are you going to start this off?

If we're playing historical or quasi-historical scenario I'd prefer 1936 to 1939.

xats

If we do historical, what role would Spain or Turkey play? Could they even join either side at all? In open play they would be fair game, but maybe they are restricted from doing much of anything in the historical mode. The two Balkans, Baltics, Norway and Finland would all be playable historically I believe.

If we do historical, what role would Spain or Turkey play? Could they even join either side at all? In open play they would be fair game, but maybe they are restricted from doing much of anything in the historical mode. The two Balkans, Baltics, Norway and Finland would all be playable historically I believe.

I assumed in historical play that minor powers that were never in the war would be more interesting than those that did join the war since they would be able to join the war at will, no?

has anyone tried to see if it can set up as PBEM

I'm doing alot of overtime at work

so if someone else wants to set up/run the game

go for it

have fun gamers

Top Bottom