BtS says that my machine does not meet minimum spec... bull

zulu9812

The Newbie Nightmare
Beyond The Sword keeps telling me that my PC does not meet minimum spec (I do not get this message when playing vanilla). I believe that my system specs far exceed BtS requirements:

Core i7 980X
6GB DDR3 Dominator RAM
Steam/game installed on an SSD (also the OS/boot drive)
GPU is a Sapphire 5850 Extreme 1GB
Soundcard is a Creative X-Fi Gamer
O/S is Windows 7 x64

Anyone have any ideas? I can't ignore the message, as every time I set the graphic options to high and then restart this error message then resets everything to low again.

Mine does that too and it's obviously good enough.

I guess whatever built-in scannning software BTS uses is now so far out of date it doesn't recognize new advances like quad and hex core and so defaults to "under-spec."

I Just crank everything up to max and I've not had any issues.

EDIT: I'm fully awake now, read your post properly and realised my reply was no help at all...

In the CivilizationIV.ini file, in My Games\Beyond the Sword, there is a setting called HideMinSpecWarning. Change that setting from 0 to 1.

Beyond The Sword keeps telling me that my PC does not meet minimum spec (I do not get this message when playing vanilla). I believe that my system specs far exceed BtS requirements:

Core i7 980X
6GB DDR3 Dominator RAM
O/S is Windows 7 x64

Anyone have any ideas? I can't ignore the message, as every time I set the graphic options to high and then restart this error message then resets everything to low again.

I have almost the exact same spec as you, and I get this. Probably some outdated thing, like boneheed said.

Core i7 980X
6GB DDR3 Dominator RAM
O/S is Windows 7 x64

I believe the problem is the CPU, when it tries to find the CPU it runs into a 404 WTF error

Top Bottom