[BtS] Spacy stuff proposals (for the modeller who wants a challenge)

GeoModder

Deity
A military version:

More angles on this site.

And of course, a transport version would be nice. :)

Some more pics: here

I even found a lasertank!

A few more angles

Nice pics. I've seen some before.

Do we need space ships for this mod?

Yeah, I don't know how old you are, but I've seen these on TV in the mid-seventies. ;)

These aren't exactly spaceships, but shuttles and an attack craft for on the Moon.
A spaceship would be a nice addition, but we couldn't do much with it except let one hoover above a moonbase (way above) to depict an existing transport line with space colonies or a mission to Mars. If you think we need one, there's material available in the same style as above.

Btw, Woodelf, perhaps you have some inspiration from the pic below for base structures?

That's a terrific pic. The trouble is keeping those connecting tubes looking good in the citysets.

Actually, I thought more of only creating the different structures and ignore the tubes.
In the civ4 cityset system, you'll never be able to let those tubes connect well. Let us just imagine an underground connection system.

There's 9 easily discernable structures in that pic, and most of them shouldn't be too difficult creating, nor be poly intensive.

How's this for a quick render shot?

Attachments

• moonbase.jpg
    moonbase.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 250
Looks a good amount of unique structures. :goodjob: I think it would be perfect for the non-domed city versions.
A more realistic texture for the final version of course. ;)

Is this a single model, or can you still separate it in different parts so they could be loaded in a cityset .nif file?

9 or 10 individual models that I merged for this render shot. Obviously I'll need to unwrap, map, and then texture it. No GIMP or PS at work though. ;)

A first draft render of the above landing craft. Texturing in the pipe type lattice might prove unfun.

Attachments

• landing.jpg
    landing.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 226
Ah, good... was thinking for a minute you would have to start over. :relief:
No rush either. ;)
With these models, a landingpad and a satellite dish (the existing radar dish model from ???) and perhaps the solar panel model already in the mod we have a basic outlook for lunar bases for the first 2-3 era's. By the way, perhaps the geodesic structure (the dome) could be used as "Palace" instead of a base building? And I would recommend a few antenna's extending out of the tower model. Would do good to represent a sort of "control" building for the city.

Oh, my precious shuttle! :woohoo:

Ahum, serious now... Cockpit shape is close to perfect, engine nozzles -and landing struts are perfect. My only gripe is the central "body". I can't see it clearly but it looks like you used equal size on each of the angles around the body. But I think the side with the airlock door in it should be longer (a person need be able to stand there) and the angles leading to the floor and upper part the shortest ones.

Or else I'm completely wrong looking at the core's angles... :blush:

Ah, good... was thinking for a minute you would have to start over. :relief:
No rush either. ;)
With these models, a landingpad and a satellite dish (the existing radar dish model from ???) and perhaps the solar panel model already in the mod we have a basic outlook for lunar bases for the first 2-3 era's. By the way, perhaps the geodesic structure (the dome) could be used as "Palace" instead of a base building? And I would recommend a few antenna's extending out of the tower model. Would do good to represent a sort of "control" building for the city.

The Area-51 model by Grave has hrochland's dish and a landing pad. And C.Roland did the solar panel so that's good.

I agree that the dome would be a good Palace for now.

Antenna are tricky to make look good, but I'll try. Maybe a thin cylinder is good enough?

Oh, my precious shuttle! :woohoo:

Ahum, serious now... Cockpit shape is close to perfect, engine nozzles -and landing struts are perfect. My only gripe is the central "body". I can't see it clearly but it looks like you used equal size on each of the angles around the body. But I think the side with the airlock door in it should be longer (a person need be able to stand there) and the angles leading to the floor and upper part the shortest ones.

Or else I'm completely wrong looking at the core's angles... :blush:

I think the angles on the top and bottom are the biggest, but I can easily extend the sides as well. Not a big deal, but it isn't the easiest pic or color to tell from.

Haven't you found the link underneath the pic? It shows more angles on the website.

Looking at it myself, I see the bottom is supposed to be completely flat, not going up a bit to meet the sidewalls.

I found it now. :p

I knew that looked familiar. My mom loved Space:1999. Landau kicked butt!

The Area-51 model by Grave has hrochland's dish and a landing pad. And C.Roland did the solar panel so that's good.

I agree that the dome would be a good Palace for now.

Antenna are tricky to make look good, but I'll try. Maybe a thin cylinder is good enough?

If you still have the SMACX pictures given to us in the other thread, perhaps the typical U-shaped antenna of the Angels would do... and perhaps this thin cylinder could have a blinking navbeacon on top? :cool:

Erm, the Area-51 model has a runway, not a landing pad.
With a landing pad I mean something like you created before, but flat on the ground instead of being supported by pillars.

Top Bottom