BtS techtree write-up

"OR" links are by definition depicted through the arrows. It's the "requires" notes that depict "AND" stuff in Civ4, remember?
Well, the first 2 techtiers are mostly from Civ4, so you can complain at them. ;) Check your F6-screen in a game, Firaxis used the prereqs I used. This said, I agree with you and was thinking of using Superconductors as a requirement for Fusion.
On Genetics, again it is straight from the Civ4 techtree. I thought it was valid since genes (in laboratories) need to be stored at low temperatures and superconductors are a good tool for that? And yes, Low-G Biology can be an "AND" requirement for Genetics too.

Ahh, Now I see what you did. I guess we can start changing things when we start playtesting.;)

Whenever you have some techs to send Geo I can try out matt's editor. They don't have to be perfect ATM.

You need more info then the info I put in the BtS write up+screenshot? Which info if so?

:hmm: I guess I don't really know. I thought you said you planned on adding more. If not, that's cool too.

I won't have time to try the editor until monday though.

Editor in use right now...

Whenever you knit up the second era Geo send them my way.

edit 2 - I found my problem and it works fine matt. :thumbsup:

I'm making some cosmetic changes in the first era Geo. I'm adding a filler tier between 3 and 4 so that techs and their prereqs aren't in the same column. We need a few more techs by the looks. :D

Geo - Any objection to me moving Robotics to tier 3 and then having Lunar Industry in tier 4 (the start of Colonization)? That moves Power Economics, Vacuum Logistics and Orbital Reconnaissance back a tier, but keeps things flowing. Or Vacuum Log could require Lunar Medicine and Robotics instead of Lunar Med and Industry.

Go ahead. I created Vacuum Logistics mostly to have a starter tech for the military part. Lunar Industry can be the start for that line as well so the VL can even disappear if it clutters things up later on.

Sweet.

If you have your 2nd era written down I'd love them. They don't need to be in paint or have lines and boxes.

Is Selenomics (from the paint jpg) supposed to be Seleponics (from the first post)?

Under the assumption that Lunar Industry is now in the first tier of the Col era, here comes:

4th tier:
Vacuum Logistics (requires Lunar Medicine and Robotics)
Lunar Industry (OR arrow from Robotics and for the moment Optical Neural Networks)
Orbital Reconnaissance (OR arrows from Robotics and Optical Neural Networks, requires Selenogeophysics)
Chartra Selene (or arrow from Colonial Ethics)
Gene Manipulation (or arrow from Colonial Ethics)

5th tier:

Low-G tactics (OR arrow from Vacuum Logistics and Chartra Selene)
Power Economics (OR arrow from Lunar Industry or Chartra Selene)
Retroviral Engineering (OR arrow from Gene Manipulation, requires Chartra Selene)
Applied Astronomy (OR arrow from Chartra Selene and Lunar Industry)
Orbital Construction (requires Lunar Industry, OR arrow from Orbital Recon and let's say Chartra Selene)
High Energy Chemistry (requires Lunar Industry, OR arrow from Chartra Selene)
Bionics (OR arrow from Chartra Selene and Lunar Industry)

PS: I hope I'm still on the right track here, but have to do things partly out of my head with this Lunar Industry switch.

About the 5th tier....

7 techs is too much IMO as they stop lining up with their branches. I don't really want to scroll down the F6 screen like FfH2 does.

Once I get these into XML we'll need to balance them a bit better. I'm trying to adjust cost, add in Flavor, advisors, ect. But I'm sure they won't be perfect.

Top Bottom