[BTS] The Island of Cuba for Verietas Delectat

bernie14

Filter Manipulator
UPDATED FOR LATEST VERSION OF VD

OK, here is the Cuban CIVILIZATON, "the Island of Cuba".... VERSION 3!!!

DOWNLOAD

LEADERS: Jose Marti (philosophical/organized) favorite civ: Representation
Fidel Castro (aggressive/charismatic) favorite civ: Police State

Unique Building: The Club Tropicana (replaces colosseum) all the benefits, PLUS -5% war weariness and can turn one citizen into an artist.

Unique Unit: the Mambise (replaces cavalry) all the benefits, PLUS starts with mobility promotion.

Game Text and Stratagies, as well as some diplo text for fidel (HE,HE).

In additon to unique unit, there are also FLAVOR UNITS, a taino indian archer, a colorful musketman, a revolutionary infantryman, a mambise machinegunner, a modern cuban marine fit for jungle warfare AND MANY MORE!!!!!

MOST SPECIAL THANKS TO avain!!!!

INSTALL: THIS MODULE WAS MADE USING VERIETAS DELECTAT, I am not sure if it will work as a "stand-alone" mod, but should be easy enough to convert (for someone who actually knows what he/she is doing :crazyeye: )

TO INSTALL AS IS, YOU NEED VD ;)....just unzip or place the "Cuba" folder inside the Beyond the Sword\Mods\Varietas Delectat\Assets\MODULES (the same folder u put the Hungary Civ into)

Please comment, let me know if i missed something....

Special Thanks to avain, DWOLF, NikNaks form whose CIVS i learned a great deal form and the creator of the polynesian units...

Wow awesome! The leaders are great (was that gandhi and de gaulle?) and the units and buildings are cool as well! The palm trees make that tropical building :D

The whole thing looks really authentic even though I'm not into Cuba much, but it's great.

Edit: The machinegunners are especially awesome!

yes, nice job. And you got 4 stars. Nice overall graphic scheme.
The civs in module form are the only ones i can get to work.

Great stuff Bernie!! Thanks for the early Xmas present. :santa2:

thank you very much everyone.....

@chugginator: u r correct sir, gandhi and degaulle....:)

I havenot played with this civ yet....i don't know (mathematically) if the unique unit or building are "over" or "under powered....if someone that knows about these things may commet, it would be appreciated...

Looks Great and a very needed Civ indeed :D

Castro's favorite civic is Police State and his traits are Charismatic/Aggressive? Give me a break! Favorite civic clearly should be State Property... What is Castro going to do with increased military production? Cuba hasn't exactly invaded anyone over Castro's 50 years...

Castro's favorite civic is Police State and his traits are Charismatic/Aggressive? Give me a break! Favorite civic clearly should be State Property... What is Castro going to do with increased military production? Cuba hasn't exactly invaded anyone over Castro's 50 years...

first, if u don't like the settings, there are one and a half million very simple explanations on this site that should help u to changes them to YOUR preferances....secondly, in cuba, thier is no "state" property, unless u r fidel...everything belongs to fidel....cuban citizens are not allowed to stay in the hotels, hospitals or beaches, unless they are serving the tourists...it is a police state, finally and with all due respect, i think u r missing the point of the game....fidel has not "invaded" anyone "in reality" because he has been kept in very good check (do u remember some little thing involving missles a couple of decades ago???). the point (in my humble opinion) of this game is to take some leader's natual abilities/tendencies, with some very general small advantage (each civs unique stuff) and see what u can do with it....castro NOT aggressive/charismatic???? have u ever heard one of his 6 hour speeches??? give ME a break :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't want to start a political discussion, but the same things could be said about Jose Marti. Non-white Cubans were not allowed in hotels and beaches etc if they weren't serving tourists i.e. white people. But its true he can just change it if he doesn't like it. Good job with the civ looks great.

I don't want to start a political discussion, but the same things could be said about Jose Marti. Non-white Cubans were not allowed in hotels and beaches etc if they weren't serving tourists i.e. white people. But its true he can just change it if he doesn't like it. Good job with the civ looks great.

if u r going to write things down, at least do a little research....jose marti was an abolishionist, he HATED slavery, u could have learned that from a simple web search.....and if u recall, blacks were not allowed on MIAMI BEACH either at that time ;) , i can assure u the races got along MUCH better in cuba than they did (or to this day do) even here in the US...

but u are right, castro's descrimination doe not have color in mind....OH, unless it's the color GREEN (money), then he loves u, in fact, more than his own people....

first, if u don't like the settings, there are one and a half million very simple explanations on this site that should help u to changes them to YOUR preferances....secondly, in cuba, thier is no "state" property, unless u r fidel...everything belongs to fidel....cuban citizens are not allowed to stay in the hotels, hospitals or beaches, unless they are serving the tourists...it is a police state, finally and with all due respect, i think u r missing the point of the game....fidel has not "invaded" anyone "in reality" because he has been kept in very good check (do u remember some little thing involving missles a couple of decades ago???). the point (in my humble opinion) of this game is to take some leader's natual abilities/tendencies, with some very general small advantage (each civs unique stuff) and see what u can do with it....castro NOT aggressive/charismatic???? have u ever heard one of his 6 hour speeches??? give ME a break :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not going to bother responding to all of these, but according to your definitions of "state property" and "police state," then Mao and Stalin also should have their favorite civic as "police state" instead of "state property." Police State clearly fits their regimes quite well, but because of their ideology, Civ made their favorite civics State Property. Ideologically, Fidel is much closer to them than police state.

The -5% WW on the Club is too small to be of any benefit and should be replaced with a bonus that is more appropriate for a resort, like +5 gold or something of that sort.

Top Bottom