[BTS] Total War 0.93 (Beta Test Version)

As a modding noob I have to ask, how do you install the patch?

As a modding noob I have to ask, how do you install the patch?

You must put the patch file in your mods folder. Then, you must use 7zip to extract it, by using the "extract here" function. As you have done with the major file.

You must put the patch file in your mods folder. Then, you must use 7zip to extract it, by using the "extract here" function. As you have done with the major file.

Just in the regular mods folder, or specifically in the Total War folder within the mods folder?

And if it goes in the Total War folder, any sub-folder within the Total War folder, or within the 'main menu' of the folder?

in the regular mods folder ;) like you must have done for the main file.

First of all this MOD is unbelievably great. A gem, polished and shinning like a star in a night sky over the horizon while your explorer is sea-travelling in some remote jungle...

Secondly it can easily replace my all times best mods as the very best in ideas originality and uniqueness. It is really a bew category by itself. A new game and i thank you creator of this. I thank you for the joy and the pain... It has a little longer than expected learning curve, because it has a lot new ideas. I am still baffling over the correct management of cities size, before corruption becomes a handicap and pop size a negative all time for research and advancement.

My most success game was one with Greeks with starting city at a sea side with some 2food instead of one. Took advantage of the extra commerce at the sea working and slowly was just making settlers, more sea working tiles around capital. Did my best to get fast a religion and also block the other civs from founding fast religions. Fast i made it all the way to maturity. My strategy started to fail when the needs of the cities, increasing over time, forced me to care for production just before loosing 1 pop from every city to combat unhappiness.

Only one city was placed on the potential of wonder building, i cared for the extra boost by the colossus wonder for my strategy.

At that point i sold out all my research for those i had not. I had left out even most basic researches, anything able, since my tile-working was at sea and i had to get those pesky religion pieces first!

My bright early researches followed a transition of stagnation, stopping to get my people to assimilate and actually use all the advances. I quickly fall back at research! I was the "clubman" among the civilized, like a new barbarian!

I had to accept it! Only setting and hopping in the long run balance my handicap.... Well i am still getting my breath.... :p

This game is an insane challenge for my like none other mod played before! and i played a lot and great... i have no idea how to beat it at hard levels...

Still amazed, i have a problem through.... the AI-UN proposes the abolition of slavery. i press yes and the next turn the resolution is by vast majority yes, no veto. Pressing 'Ok" at the screen the game crashes. I tried with and without abolished slavery to accept the abolition. I have some freed slaves on the map at the time of the resolution. pls help on this great game!!

For tutorials, i proposed an explanation on the conditions to create religion and colonies. once you figure it out makes complete sense. I was little baffled at start.

For anyone having crushing problems of any kind, try this approach, that worked for me.

Have this mod under your documents folder alone. "C:\Users\<your name>\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\MODS"

and any other mod under the mod folder under steam

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods"

All of them will be working better ^^

For anyone having crushing problems of any kind, try this approach, that worked for me.

Have this mod under your documents folder alone. "C:\Users\<your name>\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\MODS"

and any other mod under the mod folder under steam

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods"

All of them will be working better ^^
Unfortunately, for me this did not work. I ended up with Python errors.

That might be because the path may be wrong. If you have the disc version, the correct path should be through the \programs path, NOT the my documents path. Simply click/drag the mod from the \MyGames folder, to the \mods folder in the programs path.

Does anyone still have this mod (1.2) ?

Hi ! The mod has been re-uploaded today in a new version 1.3 (no major changes, but many bugs have been fixed).

Last edited:
Top Bottom