[BTS] Total War 0.93 (Beta Test Version)

Ok, Lazar used a Sailor Great People (Personnage Illustre 'Navigateur' in French). This type of unit can cross all the terrains (water & land), and have the ability to create a Trading Post ('Comptoir' in French), a special type of city (see the second entry in 'Concepts' section of the Website).

I don't find the Hynkel's troops. Where are they ?

==> Woodelf, Drtad, thanks to you ;).

Hynkel's maces are in Lemnosie, the island in the southern hemisphere west of Lydia

First of all... this looks like an absolutely colossal mod. Thanks for all your hard work. I have yet to play it, I'm still waiting for the third part to download, but I'm excited to try it out later today.

Two questions, though... there seem to be a lot of completely new game concepts (which is great!) but as a culturally ignorant American, is the concepts page of the presentation website (which is very well laid out and very informative) available in English anywhere?

[for the record, I speak Japanese and am learning another language, and French is latin-derived so I was able to translate some of it, but it's hard for someone who's never studied French!]

Also... if you release a future version with some of the planned additions... they all look interesting, and go ahead and do them all if you have the time and energy (although I personally care more about seeing this version made more bug-free than adding onto what's already an unbelievably complex mod) but the few that I think would be best are the coalitions, criminal organizations, and global electricity system. The last two especially are things I've been hoping to see in CIV forever. Anything that makes the nations feel more like nations than a collection of cities is a good thing.

Two questions, though... there seem to be a lot of completely new game concepts (which is great!) but as a culturally ignorant American, is the concepts page of the presentation website (which is very well laid out and very informative) available in English anywhere?

Ok, the concept section is now translated in an approximative english ^^. You can see it here.

Great. Thanks.

Well, now I've got it working, sort of. I *think* I downloaded everything correctly, and it loads just fine. However, at the end of my second turn, it always crashes to the desktop. Has anyone else reported this? Can you explain why this is happening?

I did notice that it says Warlords required. I don't have Warlords installed on this computer, (although I own it and could easily do so) could that be the problem?

The computer I'm using is custom built, so it can be a little temperamental at times, but it's a very good computer. I doubt it's a problem of not enough memory or something like that.

I specified, in the first post, that the mod requires Warlords + BTS and his last patch (3.13). It can be the problem.

I specified, in the first post, that the mod requires Warlords + BTS and his last patch (3.13). It can be the problem.

I have vanilla + BTS. I still need Warlords? My understanding was that the only thing Warlords offered that BTS did not was a few scenarios. I'm very eager to check out this mod, it looks absolutely incredible, and obviously you've put a lot of work into it.

Good job translating, btw. I speak no French and I could understand everything fine. The link to the buildings sections on the website pulls up the faq page. No big deal for me, I just went to the address box of my browser and typed the word "buildings" where it belongs to pull the page up.

I don't think I'm going to get all the files downloaded tonight though. The server they are on doesn't seem to transfer over 40k. It took me over 2 hours to download file 1.

I'll be happy to participate in beta testing if I can get it working without warlords.

LM

I'm not sure that Warlords is needed, but it's very probable. Thanks for reporting links problems in the website, it's fixed.

Many people have problems to download the mod, because many people try to download it these days. I am currently searching for an alternative server.

EDIT: Alternative link added. And you can now talk about future additions in the Total war dedicated Forum.

Could you upload it to something like Filefront? The alt link takes even longer to download for me then the regular ones.

I'm not sure that Warlords is needed, but it's very probable. Thanks for reporting links problems in the website, it's fixed.

Well, I'm happy to report that the game runs just fine without Warlords. :D
Actually, I thought it CTD when I loaded up the mod, but I decided to take a look into task manager. It seems Civ was still running, and increasing memory, so it seemed likely it was loading rather than dumping. It took a while, maybe 5 or 10 minutes (I got up and made a sandwich lol), but it was running when I got back. I made it 100 turns with no crashes, and nothing breaking, so I didn't keep any autosaves. There are some minor glitches, and I have screenshots, but only if you think they're necessary.

1) I took a look at the Civilopedia before I did anything. There are some blank areas, that I assume are simply unfinished. However, under BTS/Total war Concepts, the three headings beneath slavery all read "TEXT_KEY_CONCEPT_..."

2) Probably the most minor thing, but before I settled my city, I moused over the units. There was no unit name showing up, but later turns they showed up ok. I got something called "centauria", which I thought was a new unit name I hadn't seen. This word shows up when I mouse over any tile, so I can only assume that's the name of something, perhaps the continent or world. If it's intended to be my country, I chose random and wound up with Dafour of the Swiss people. I don't know much about Swiss history, so if centauria is a providence of Switzerland, then the only thing wrong is my education. lol

3) In the tech tree, both Calendar and Early Astronomy show "centers world map". My map centered when I got calendar.

4) After my map centered, I looked at the world view, and wow, am I small! lol It looks like I'm on a huge map, but I chose standard from the menu, and my options tell me I'm on a standard map. I also noticed that a grainery takes 72 hammers, where as I am used to 60. Since I almost always play on standard map size and standard speed, I don't know if this is a function of the mod, or another clue that map size and speed are off.

Since this is a beta, I'll assume I'm not being too nit-picky. The purpose of a beta is, after all, to weed these things out. Overall, things are looking great! There is a lot here to learn and explore, and I look forward to it! :goodjob:

LM

Whenever I load the mod it crashes at the end of my second turn. Is anyone else having similar troubles, or does anyone have any kind of theories as to why this could be? It's Civ 1.74, with Warlords installed (although that's apparently unnecessary) and BTS 1.13. It's generally a pretty good machine. I'm not ruling out hardware failure of some kind but it only happens with this mod. Any ideas? I really want to try this mod out and it's just not working... :-(

I haven't received any error messages other than the generic civilization 4 has stopped working message.

Could you upload it to something like Filefront? The alt link takes even longer to download for me then the regular ones.

I have any problems to upload the mod file in File Front. But i will try it again.

============================================

2) Probably the most minor thing, but before I settled my city, I moused over the units. There was no unit name showing up, but later turns they showed up ok.

Have you a screenshot ? ^^.

I got something called "centauria", which I thought was a new unit name I hadn't seen.

In Total War, continents, islands, lakes, seas, and oceans have a name. The names are chosen randomly, no link with your civ. These names are, in particular, useful for managing cities liberation (in BTS, you can create a new vassal player with distant cities, with named continents/islands, you can manage it easier).

3) In the tech tree, both Calendar and Early Astronomy show "centers world map". My map centered when I got calendar.

Ooops. Ok, it's fixed, Early astronomy no longer center the map.

4) After my map centered, I looked at the world view, and wow, am I small! lol It looks like I'm on a huge map, but I chose standard from the menu, and my options tell me I'm on a standard map. I also noticed that a grainery takes 72 hammers, where as I am used to 60. Since I almost always play on standard map size and standard speed, I don't know if this is a function of the mod, or another clue that map size and speed are off.

I think it's due to the chosen game speed. By default, the "Normal" speed is selected when you create a game. But it's a slower game speed than in BTS. You can choose Classical game next time.
Size of the maps is not modified.

============================================

Whenever I load the mod it crashes at the end of my second turn. Is anyone else having similar troubles, or does anyone have any kind of theories as to why this could be? It's Civ 1.74, with Warlords installed (although that's apparently unnecessary) and BTS 1.13. It's generally a pretty good machine. I'm not ruling out hardware failure of some kind but it only happens with this mod. Any ideas? I really want to try this mod out and it's just not working... :-(

I haven't received any error messages other than the generic civilization 4 has stopped working message.

Is your computer working on Windows Vista ? it's very strange. Can you send me the first autosave to el_zozo@hotmail.fr ? It can be possible that you have selected an option than others never select.

P.S. : It could be very useful for me to know if somebody succeeded to finish a party.

If Filefront doesn't work you can try Atomic Gamer, I've seen some Civ3 mods use it before.

Yes, I'm using Windows Vista.

It seems unnecessary, since it doesn't seem to matter what I do, it crashes no matter what... but how do I send a saved game?

Have you a screenshot ? ^^.

Sorry, it didn't come out right. I must have bumped the mouse before I took the screenshot, I'm moused over empty terrain instead of the unit. It was only before I settled the unit anyway, but I'll be more careful taking a screenshot next game if it happens again.

In Total War, continents, islands, lakes, seas, and oceans have a name. The names are chosen randomly, no link with your civ. These names are, in particular, useful for managing cities liberation (in BTS, you can create a new vassal player with distant cities, with named continents/islands, you can manage it easier).

Cool :)

I think it's due to the chosen game speed. By default, the "Normal" speed is selected when you create a game. But it's a slower game speed than in BTS. You can choose Classical game next time.
Size of the maps is not modified.

Normal/Total war is slower than Normal/BTS. Ok, that's fine. The map still looks bigger though, or maybe it's just me. I'm trying to attach a screenshot so you can see the bottom right corner, but I can't tell if it took or not.

P.S. : It could be very useful for me to know if somebody succeeded to finish a party.

Not sure what you mean by that, but if you let me know I'll even try to set something up in wb.

Thanks, and I'll let you know if I find anything else.

LM

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0009.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0009.JPG
    298.5 KB · Views: 162
P.S. : It could be very useful for me to know if somebody succeeded to finish a party

I think that what jojoweb means is that he would like to have feedbacks on late games and end games, and whether or not people could actually finish a game...

Jojo, would it be okay for someone who's downloaded the mod to mirror it on a faster site? The only reason I'm not playing this right now is because it would take 12 hours to download it with the current sites.

1)the world builder doesen't work

2)how can my cities grow more than 7?

1)the world builder doesen't work

2)how can my cities grow more than 7?

1) for me, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't work. I don't understand why ?

2) build sewers (Requires Town Planning technology) or discover Neoclassicism.

1) for me, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't work. I don't understand why ?

2) build sewers (Requires Town Planning technology) or discover Neoclassicism.

thank you, i found the tutor now!

In the second game the editor worked well.....mah.....

Can someone upload the complete version to a better filehosting site, cause to get all 3 parts, it's gonna take like 2-3 hours with my great speeds, and ever longer at that French site. :S

Top Bottom