1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[BTS] Total War 0.93 (Beta Test Version)

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by jojoweb, Mar 28, 2008.

1. jojoweb

jojoweb Chimpa-Z

Ok, i am uploading the patched mod in Filefront. Finally, it seems to work fine.

Exactly ^^.

It will work more frequently with the next patch.

2. geminisama

geminisama Resident Batman

Thanks man! Can't wait to try it. =D

3. trotty

trotty Cabarettista ghei

third game, as in the first i actived the mod from "advanced" and after 1minute and half it loaded (i'm using the steam version).
    I hope it helps.

4. Poldi

Poldi Chieftain

Hi there (again *g*)
    is the second patch already out (if yes, where can it be downloaded?), because I wanted to start a new "round" and wanted to be up-to-date ... and btw. I wanted to ask if someone knows with which nation (and leader) the lest problems are expected while playing (had several "no idea why"-CTDs while playing as Hynkel)
    Has someone of you finished the game without any problems or errors? If yes please tell me with which nation (and leader) ...

Thanks
    Poldi

5. jojoweb

jojoweb Chimpa-Z

The 2nd patch is now released. If you have new CTDs, send me your saves, please.

6. geminisama

Okay, I started playing, and noticed some "bugs", and typos. First I noticed on the main window, the purple fist blocks out most of the "Cohesion" thingy. One of them is always overlapping the other, so can't you just space it out a bit? For typo errors, I found: In the mercenary buy window, there some tabs that I can't understand, "Cout, Offre, Meilieure." In the criminality popup, Garrison is misspelled "Garnison." In in the governor popup, it has "Maximal malus", I didn't know what that was, and wiki said it's a tree...soo.. o.o Must be something misspelled? Malice? I also noticed in the corruption menu, it says "Politic corruption", did you mean political, or is it meant to be that way?

Now, I also noticed another bug, and something that was kinda weird. In the Migrant Civilopedia menu says, "History-Strategy- TXT_KEY_UNIT_EMIGRANT_STRATEGY." Now what I found odd was the Zulu Nelson Mendela leaderhead. It says Zulu, but I swear I can see Sakura trees behind him. O.O And why is he squinting so bad? Other than that, I'm loving the new features, but could you possibly add more modern/futurish units, add that 2 UU mod, and fix Augustus Ceaser? D: I miss the Imperialistic trait.

But I'll keep my eyes open for more errors. :]

Oh, and how would I go about enabling Blue Marble with this?

7. Oatse

Oatse Warlord

Malus is the opposite of Bonus

Governors are way too prone to disloyalty, in the early game they're always at 0% loyalty, even with a statue.

8. jojoweb

jojoweb Chimpa-Z

Can you post a screenshot please ? It will help me much ^^.

Ooops, i did'nt translate it ! I will be fixed.

Yeah, like Oatse said, in french, a malus is the opposite of a bonus. I didn't find any word to express the same idea in english.

Yes, an other error. It will be fixed.

Fixed too.

Ok, i will change the background.

I used this leaderhead. You can ask his creator for a better version.

I don't have any idea of what kind of unit must be added. I need some help about it. You can suggest new units here.

Someone is working on it.

You can modify the xml Mods\Total_War_0.93\Assets\XML\Civilizations\CIV4LeaderHeadInfos.xml, to change his traits.

I will see it, i don't know it very well.

9. geminisama

Theres 2 ways this happens. That SS has the percent over the icon, another is the icon over the percent.

And those things are good to hear. I'll post in the thread later, and thanks! If I edit the traits on him, will this mess with future updates?

10. jojoweb

jojoweb Chimpa-Z

Each update replaces all the xml files. Which resolution have you chosen in the game ?

11. geminisama

I haven't changed it, so the default 1024x768.

12. LordMachiavelli

LordMachiavelli Chieftain

"Penalty" would be a good word.
    It's odd, there are a lot of English mistakes that I passed right over. My wife was born in Germany, and English was actually her 7th language, so I guess my subconscious figures out the meaning for me and I roll right over it.
    If you like, I would be willing to help in this area, even though it didn't seem such a big deal to me.

LM

13. jojoweb

jojoweb Chimpa-Z

Oops, it came from mercenaries option. It add a new button. I must take this in consideration.

Ok, Good.

You can see it with Cromcrom. He verify some of the text files, he can share the work with you.

14. Poldi

Poldi Chieftain

hi,
    the arsenal is still oversized (I think the pantheon too) and I still encounter crashes but not so often as before

greetings poldi

15. jojoweb

jojoweb Chimpa-Z

Please, send me your last save/autosave to el_zozo@hotmail.fr

I will try some games today, in particular with Hynkel (it seems to crash many times with this leader).

16. Poldi

Poldi Chieftain

ok,
    the file should be in your inbox folder ... maybe there is a "root-command" in the gamecode that forbids that any german leader beginning with a capital "H" to finish this game :)

Greetings
    Poldi

PS: Is it possible to integrate the Bavarians (not Barbarians *g*) in the game (-> Germans) ? ... sth. like "King Ludwig II" or someone else

17. Nitro_2985

Nitro_2985 Chieftain

Looks like a promising, if unpolished, mod. There's a lot of really cool ideas here like "cohesion" (a better word in English I think would be "stability") I'm looking forward to your later builds.

18. Poldi

Poldi Chieftain

hi and thanks for returning my save :) the game runs (up to now) flawless
    no idea why lol

greetz
    poldi

19. trotty

trotty Cabarettista ghei

I have a crash to send you too. Mail?

20. jojoweb

jojoweb Chimpa-Z

Yes please :D.