[BtS] Ultimate Welsh Mod

6underground

Resident Welshie
Sixu's Ultimate Welsh Mod​

Hello, I'm new to modding Civ IV, so please bear with me as I try to materialise this mod into reality.

Leaders:
Owain Glyndŵr - Traits to be decided
David Lloyd George - Traits to be decided
?? (may add one more)

Special Unit
Welsh Longbowman

Cities (will all be in Welsh, will be prioritised according to population and/or prominence)
Spoiler :
Caerdydd - Capital
Abertawe
Casnewydd
Wrecsam
Aberystwyth
Machynlleth
Bangor
Merthyr Tydfil
Pontypridd
Harlech
Llandudno

Special Building(s):

National Eisteddfod - Cultural Boost (available only after the completion of Drama, Music and Literature techs)

*I'm still working on the model, it's no-where near beautiful enough*

Millennium Stadium - Economic Boost (available after: TBA)

I do want to add one or two more Welsh specific objects/buildings, but I am aware of their effect on game play (still looking into it).

Checklist
Flags and Flag icons - DONE
3D MODELS - 50%
Leaderheads - beginning
Lonbowman Skinning - Completed.

Sorry there aren't more photo's, but I will update this first post as go. :)

One thing that is good to have is instead of having a specific building as a UB (National Eisteddfod) just have a generic one (Eisteddfod), which could replace a theatre or colosseum

other than that, it looks nice! Great UB graphics, they're really something

One thing that is good to have is instead of having a specific building as a UB (National Eisteddfod) just have a generic one (Eisteddfod), which could replace a theatre or Colosseum

other than that, it looks nice! Great UB graphics, they're really something

Thanks Buddy!

Yeah, I'm thinking the same thing with the national Eisteddfod replacing theatre, or better yet "National Epic".

I've heard that you can make "wonder movies" for certain events in CIV IV. So I've done one for the Millennium Stadium as a wonder:

first though:

Can it just be built by the Welsh civ, in one city only? instead of a special building, they get a special wonder? Is this possible.

It took ages to render, but here it is:

Movie: Welsh CIV: Millennium Stadium Wonder

please do comment about it. I wish I could have made it more high-quality (youtube compresses it more), but unfortunately that would have taken in excess of 71 hours.

Other than that, I'm currently modelling Glyndŵr, based off of Charlemagne. :), update soon.

You should give them a happiness bonus from Sheep

LOL, soooo cheeky! :p

Nice movie! Looks like a lot of polygons for Civ though..
Is the actually model much less in the polygon count?

Looks amazing though. :)

Yeah, haha, good to know. :p
That would be something to see, you think a nukes gone haywire or something..

Looking very good! You are a very talented artist. ;)

Why, thankyou very much!!

*Drumroll*

Finally got the custom Longbowman working!

=D

I'm going to work a little more on Owain the next few days. Which of the following backgrounds are more suited to this LH?

Owain at Castle Coch:

Owain at Cardiff Castle:

Owain at Margam Castle:

Let me know what you all think ;)

I would not know historically but I like the top and bottom ones best.
But maybe blur the backgrounds a tad?

I like any of the "indoor" backgrounds...but i always love the indoor backgrounds because of their rarity, the LH is great by the way! The dragon on his crown is a nice touch

If you went with another leader I'd suggest Llewellyn the Great, probably the most successful of the Welsh Princes. His grandson, Llewelyn ap Gruffudd, was also very successful for a while, perhaps too successful since Edward I decided to conquer Wales rather than just nick another bit of it.

Traits for Llewellyn the Great would be Charismatic and Protective I think.

I might change the colour and shape of the Eisteddfod tent. It looks like a collection of eight breasts.

I like the sixth one down. The outdoors shots don't work well for me; makes the LH look like a cartoon stuck on top of a photograph.

I like the sixth one down. The outdoors shots don't work well for me; makes the LH look like a cartoon stuck on top of a photograph.
I believe that most of the Firaxis leaderheads get around this by bluring the background out, which also adds a certain "depth" to the whole thing, since we are focusing on the leaderhead and not his background.
6underground, will you be making flavour units for the Welsh?

OT, but has anyone read The Onion's "Our Stupid World" entry on Wales? I got a real kick out of it. I don't mean any disrespect or offense, I just thought it was funny.
"When spoken, the Welsh language is like a beautiful poem. When written, it looks like the alphabet just vomited." ;)

I'm Welsh! And related "very lond back" to Owain Glyndwr.
The Millenium is Imaculate!, If you need a map for It I would be willing to, as my last one (on my signature) wasn't the best.
Bye!

I also use Charlemagne's head for Wales :), Is that your Millenium movie on Youtube? as I was found it looking on there for Civilization IV. It's Great!

Top Bottom