1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[BtS] Wolfshanze's Revolution

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by phungus420, Sep 26, 2008.

1. achilleszero

achilleszero Emperor

Yeah my apologies. Dont know how thats happening. More thorough checking on my part would solve it, but I have Gimp set to crop my image square. Thats twice now that I've had an image be 1 pixel off in hieght.?.?:confused:

While were on the subject of buttons, Ive noticed alot of buttons appear blurry ingame but the dds files are ok. Most notably 2 core game buttons: galley and gallic warrior. As well as a few from wolfrev, like varangian gaurd, several steam ships, and some of the early planes. Im inclined to think its that the blurry buttons are being made in different programs maybe, because they all have mipmaps. Can anybody confirm this for me??

2. Reme

Reme Chieftain

Grr... I loaded the 18 civ BST....

3. Reme

Reme Chieftain

I think I know what the problem is JEELEN forgot to set the mod path?

NVM it still does not work.

4. phungus420

phungus420 Deity

OK, so update:
    Wolfshanze's Revolution 1.4.0 is done, can be found here:
    http://files.filefront.com/Wolfshanzes+Revolution+v1pexe/;13663754;/fileinfo.html
    I've removed all my alterations of base wolfshanze. No Leonardo's Workshop, everything has been reverted to derault Wolfshanze 2.85, and default RevDCM 1.02. This is for the purists out there. I'm holding off with the "official" release until I get Legends of Revolution 0.8.0 completely done.

BST has been renamed to Legends of Revolution. The working Beta build is up here:
    http://files.filefront.com/Legends+of+Revolution+v0pexe/;13664109;/fileinfo.html
    JEELEN's scenario doesn't work though... Not sure why, I need to mess with it. Since I'm going to do that, I'm also going to change some art and add in the Strike Fighters ach posted earlier. So this wol't be save game compatible with the next version. Which should be out soon.

Both of those downloads are built with installers. I put some mad work into Legends of Revolution in this build. Also it's back to a 50civ DLL. All the scenarios except JEELENs that are optional add ons in the installer work, though I need to tweak some things in the WorldWarWolf scenario.

That's it for now.

5. Reme

Reme Chieftain

Grr... I downloaded Version .60 of BST today too....and I knew I was not doing something wrong, something was not right with JEELENS map!

6. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

I only tried my hand at one map. The DL Page states that the version I uploaded isn't perfect (I got several MAFs when testing), but I'm holding off on further comment or doing something about it to see what phungus420 is coming up with.

7. GatlingGun

GatlingGun Warlord

Interesting point... I finished the game and need to focus on real life for the moment :crazyeye:

However, I'm curious... I was playing as Poland (Walesa), but fighting Mehmed and Gilgamesh. Why would their buttons even matter? I would not have thought this is an issue if they are the AI...

Thoughts?

8. phungus420

phungus420 Deity

Well, it doesn't really matter. The most infamous example is leaving the , in the button path. If the unit is selected to be built, it instantly crashes, no matter if it is AI or not. Also with too large a button, such as the 64x65 example earlier from the armored scout in the 0.5 build, that causes a crash. What's interesting here with the 64x63 button was that there was no crash, instead a simple error message popped up. What I'm thinking is that this is one of those examples where XP just chugged along, and went, well there is a null returned here for this strip of pixels, I just wol't print anything there graphically. I'd wager this would have crashed for a vista user.

So anyway, art bugs will usually screw things up, weather the graphical error is supposed to apply to the AI or the human. I don't know exactly how the graphical gamebryo engine is set up for civ, but it seems like the engine renders the graphics for the AI as well as the human...

9. Lachlan

Lachlan Great Builder of Civs !

I would like to downloading Legends of Revolution but Filefront is 20 Ko/sec for me... :(

10. phungus420

phungus420 Deity

@achilleszero
    I'm going through and editing in the Strike Fighter models. Also since I"m doing this, I'm also going to cut out all the unused references in the artdefines unit file (I think Wolf had a lot of planned implementations, or art he later replaced, but left them in...) this should trim alot of fat off the Wolfshanze.fpk. Anyway, the strike fighters are coming along good, but China... It just seems wrong leaving them with the default JSF model, every other replacement seems OK (going to leave in a couple of the old models), but China really needs it's J-10. Any chance you could take a chisel to the J-10 model, or in some way get a useable (read under 2000poly, since this is a public mod) model for China's strike fighter ethnic art? Also could use a model or two for WARSAW pact nations Jet fighters, the fact everyone uses the sabre, is kinda wrong. 50s-60s era jet fighters for WARSAW nations is what I'm thinking of here.

@Lachlan
    Once I'm done with the strike fighter models and a couple other things I've planned for Legends 0.8, I'll have an "official" release, with an alternate mirror download. For a quick "test" release like the above, that's not going to happen.

@Anyone else with art skills.

I Really need an intro art screen for Legends of Revolution
    Please if you have good art skills, I really need a good intro screen. The default wolfshanze intro isn't good to have anymore. For those curious Legends was previously reffered to as Bronze, Steam & Tears, just changing the name.
    :please:

11. achilleszero

achilleszero Emperor

I was just going to mention that. I just spent several hours fixing 200+ buttons that had unneeded mipmaps and thusly were way to blurry. about half of them I'm sure are unused but they got updated sinced checking if its being used would have doubled the work and it only takes 30 seconds to fix one. I'll have those buttons uplaoded shortly.

I'll see what I can do with the j-10. I have alot of issues with 3dsMax. Just had to "downgrade" to version 6. So it will take a minute to get that going. Also I have some models for 50's era jets hidden away somewhere, just gota find them.

12. Wraith23

Wraith23 Warlord

The assembly line tech has no civipeda description in Legends of Revolution 0.8

Other than that the mod is flawless :goodjob:

13. phungus420

phungus420 Deity

Thanks wraith, glad you noticed that, got the fix in for the official release.

Wolfshanze's Revolution updated to new version:
    Notes:
    Updated to WolfRevolution 1.4.0 April 28, 2009
    -Added Icon
    -Removed all of my changes to Wolfshanze and RevolutionDCM base mods. I recommend trying the Legends of Revolution: Unofficial Expansion Project for those that enjoyed WolfRevolution. WolfRevolution is now a pure Wolfshanze and RevDCM merge
    -Added 3 Scenarios compatible with WolfRevolution

Wolfshanze's Revolution 1.4.0

Legends of Revolution (the mod Formerly known as Bronze, Steam & Tears) is now hosted in it's own thread:
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=319235

14. GoodGame

GoodGame Red, White, & Blue, baby!

Just a concept of a concept sketch:

How about a montage of some famous Revolutionaries in action-----George Washington crossing the Delaware, Lenin speaking from a podium, Chez Gueverra puffing a cigar, and some of the Legends units----a yeoman shooting a knight, etc..

15. Hector Achilles

Hector Achilles Warlord

filefront:

I've been trying to download this mod for the last 5 hours and filefront keeps telling me its unable to do it? What gives? It keeps saying to check back w/ the site later? Filefront seems to always have issues. Any suggestions?

16. phungus420

phungus420 Deity

@Hector, there is an alternate download mirror from Atomic Gamer, the link is in the main download.

17. Hector Achilles

Hector Achilles Warlord

Thanks, found it!

18. Onionsoilder

Onionsoilder Reaver

Alright, well after a 4-month break I'm getting back into modding, hopefully to re-release the abandoned Conglomerate project. Since I'm doing everything from scratch, I'm not sure if I should use this unaltered WolfRevolution mod or your new Legends as a base... If it's okay with you I might used 1.4.0 and just snip some stuff from legends(do you have that examine city before capture labeled in the sDK/XML/wherever by any chance?)

1.4.0 still includes Super Spies, right?

19. phungus420

phungus420 Deity

You can use either. I'd recommend using Legends though, as it already has the rediculously high poly units cut out, and at least in my oppinion is more coherent in in design. Of course it's your mod, your choice.

Super Spies, and all that included, as they are part of RevDCM

20. Onionsoilder

Onionsoilder Reaver

Alright, I'll probably use Legends then. I'll probably end up messing with the legends units though, I don't like the current building system at all... I was thinking about making it so you needed to use a Great Person to 'found' these units, though I have no idea how to do that...