1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice

[BtS] Wolfshanze's Revolution

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by phungus420, Sep 26, 2008.

1. Deon

Deon Lt. of Mordor

Uh. CTD when I've built Great Wall just before the movie appeared (ancient time). I'll reload and try to repeat it.

2. max83

max83 Chieftain

@phungus:

no, in my game I can see the nukes in the building window in cities but I still can´t build them. It looks like I have all techs and ressources. But I still can´t build them...

Interesting, that manhattan project is missing out in wolfshanze mod.

3. Wolfshanze

Wolfshanze CFC Historian

I'm not sure what you're talking about... I didn't mess with the Manhatten project... I'm not sure I get what the problem is... because the Manhatten project should be the same as default BtS.

Mind you... the Manhattan project is a "World Project", it's not a buildable wonder per-se, but I didn't mess with it (it may be a change in v3.17, but I didn't mess with it).

How can it be "missing" from the XML in the Wolfshanze Mod when I didn't even change the file the Manhattan Project is in? The Manhattan Project is in the XML/Gaminfo/Civ4ProjectInfo.xml file... I don't even have that file in my mod, so you're using the DEFAULT Manhattan Project values in either the Wolfshanze Mod or any mod based off of it.

4. phungus420

phungus420 Deity

This is usually an art problem. You can add units to this mod like default BTS. Make sure you remove the , though in the artdefinesunit.xml file. I kept crashing my game when I first started modding cause of that damn ,.

OK, this is strange, I have no idea what I did there. I'll get a fix out pretty soon, gotta reload your mod though, and recopy the projectinfos.xml file then, so that'll take a bit. Really strange though, that file should be copied directly from your mod anyway

5. Wolfshanze

Wolfshanze CFC Historian

It's not in my mod, because I didn't change anything in it... that's what I'm trying to say... I made no changes to Manhattan Project (or any other project), so I haven't altered any of the Project info xml files.

The default BtS file is what controls the Manhattan Project in the Wolf mod.

6. Onionsoilder

Onionsoilder Reaver

Great merge Phungus!

EDIT: I found something... odd happening with my unit names. Whenever I build a unit in my capitol(doesn't happen with my other cities) it is autonamed "Unit X of City" were Unit is the type(Axeman, Archer, etc) X is the amount I have built in that city, and city is the name of said city. So I end up with things like "Swordsman 7 of Istanbul", which gets really annoying. Do you know what this is/how I turn it off?

7. wotan321

wotan321 Emperor

Bombard doesn't work most of the time.... and I can't figure out why! Has anyone else had this to happen? Is there something I am missing?

8. Deon

Deon Lt. of Mordor

My rams cannot reduce fortifications...

9. Wolfshanze

Wolfshanze CFC Historian

They work fine in the Wolfshanze Mod... i'm not sure if something was changed in this version?

10. Deon

Deon Lt. of Mordor

I remember them working fine in Wolfshanze, I will check it again in this version but I remember there was no "bombard" option.

11. Onionsoilder

Onionsoilder Reaver

Nobody knows what is going on with my unit names? This is really annoying me, to the extent were I stop playing. I don't know why it annoys, me so much, but it does.

12. Amuroray

Amuroray Chieftain

do this : ctr alt O , go to rename unit and disable it.

13. Onionsoilder

Onionsoilder Reaver

Thank you so much! I'm happy again!

See? :)

14. phungus420

phungus420 Deity

To fix the nuclear weapons issue, delete the projectinfos.xml file in the mod. The problem is it's not save game compatible... So I'm holding off on releasing a patch for it, until glider releases his next version of RevDCM. I'm under this impression that will be soon.

Do you mean the DCM bombard? or reducing fortification bonuses? DCM bombard (archer or artillery) basically does one round of free combat for the bombarding unit, if the other unit scores the hit, nothing happens.

As for rams not working, I can't reproduce this... What options do you have on?

15. wotan321

wotan321 Emperor

Thank-you for responding. I am used to pulling up a few catapults beside a city. I select the catapults and click on the red X order. Normally, the cats fire and the city defense percentage is reduced by some small number, sometimes I get a message that my catapult missed. But now, when I click on the red X, nothing happens. I get messages the AI turn that my catapult got opportunity fire on an enemy unit. I can attack with my catapult or other unit, and it attrits the enemy units.

But I cannot bombard like I am used to. Is this a feature of DCM that I didn't know about? Is there some documentation that explains how this works?

Again, thank-you for your assistance.

16. ERLoft

ERLoft San Diegan

I can confirm that cannons also don't have the ability to reduce city defenses.

I've got the DCM bombard on, but no stack attack, no archer bombard.

I had my cannons right next to an enemy city and could click the normal bombard button, but nothing happens...

17. Onionsoilder

Onionsoilder Reaver

Yeah. It happens with everything - Rams, Catapults, and Artillery. Interestingly enough Opp. Fire still works(if you have it turned on) but Ranged Bombard or regular Bombard does not.

18. walbeek

walbeek Warlord

I had this happen once. But only from one tile. Moving them to another tile adjacent to the enemy-city the rams could reduce fortifications. I believe it was when I had them sitting upon a hill at the southwest of the city. I moved them one tile north, west of the city, on a grassland. Maybe they can't attack from hills?

19. Onionsoilder

Onionsoilder Reaver

Well, for me none of the siege weapons work... at all. Ever.

20. ERLoft

ERLoft San Diegan

Yeah, I tried 2 different tiles the time I tried it. However, both were hills, so who knows. I can use a little WB tonight to test it out though...