[BtS] Wolfshanze's Revolution

I tried my first game with this engaged.

But not sure how this works. I couldn't attack another civs scouts, I couldn't enter their territory without decalring war, I thought that I was at a state of war with them all until both of us attained writing.

Honestly I didn't see any difference with this option clicked on.

It works for me as it should with the download form post #1. Maybe delete and reinstall the mod ?

hey is there any way of turning the components on/off.

Basically I want something like
WolfMod + BetterAI + BarabianCiv + Infulence driven culture

without
Revolutions and Dales Combat Mod

Your question is answered in the OP. Not trying to be terse, just stating a fact.

DCM options are off by default, and IDW options are on. If you want to change these, go into the GlobalDefinesAlt.xml file. Though this is set up how you want it anyway, so no need, just if you're interested, that's how you toggle them. (You switch the tags from 0 (off), to 1 (on) or vice versa). Revolutions effects are in game options, you turn these off or on the same way as options like One City Challenge, or Aggressive AI, simply click on the option in the Custom Game Startup menu.

The Wolfshanze Mod already includes the Better AI mod by default.

The main XML folder.

So, I figured out at least part of why the DCM Ranged Bombard isn't working in WolfRev...

Check the attached screenshot from Compare It! - on the left, WolfRevolution's civ4unitinfos file, on the right, History in the Making. We're looking at the Cannon, and WolfRev has no items for Range or Accuracy.

Now, I'm not good enough at this to know if this is the only problem with Ranged Bombard, but maybe...

Actually, upon testing this out, yes, this is the only thing missing for Ranged Bombard to work properly... :)

Since there are a lot of new naval units that didn't have accuracy values assigned, I kinda made up my own, but Phungus, if you want to come up with values for the mod, you could fix it on the next update.

Attachments

• No Bombard.jpg
    No Bombard.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 151
Dude what? It's my birthday dude, so OK, now, I get home, after not getting laid on my birthday, and you are telling me my mod is . .. .. .. .ed, cause why??? seriously I want to know, how did I screw this up...

The next version 1.1.3 will come out soon, it'll only be save game compatible with inquisition add on versions. Just letting it known, cause the next RevDCM version is coming out soon, and the next 1.1.X version will have inquisions included as default. And it's easy from my perspective to patch it up from the RevDCM versions. when Wolf releases his next version it'll be entirely non save game compatible, and it'll start the 1.2.X versions, but I don't expect him to release his next version any time soon.

Dude what? It's my birthday dude, so OK, now, I get home, after not getting laid on my birthday, and you are telling me my mod is . .. .. .. .ed, cause why??? seriously I want to know, how did I screw this up...

Dude... sucks not getting laid. That's what a good tit.... errr, gentleman's club is for.

As to how this got screwed up, I'm going to nominate an extra snapper b-load from the 3 footer as the likely cause. ;)

OK, I understand now. Was insanely trashed when I first replied to this. I'll go about updating the the artillery units with the DCM tags in the next version. Thanks for bringing this to my attention, I don't notice the DCM stuff since I always leave it off.

I found problems with the mod since i first used it, after installing i run it and at the main screen some buttons were missing, when i went to custom game, many options were on but the words were missing, same with the name of the civs, and there were this "/" instead of leaders, and when i finally started a game, the interface was entirely missing, only the land with the units and terrain were seen, and when i tried to go to options, the button was useless and i couldnt open it in the mainscreen and in-game, same happened with the civipedia

Is this happening only to me or someone else??, i really like to fix this since im really interested in the mod

Is this happening only to me or someone else??, i really like to fix this since im really interested in the mod
What language do you use? Many mods here only run properly if you switch to English - if you're not using the English version (like me).

Cheers, LT.

spanish, can that be a problem??, i used the RevDCM alone and it works perfectly
Not everybody fills out all entries - and RevDCM has less new elements than Wolfshanze's mod (and as a consequence WolfRevolution). While in the normal game, go to Advanced > Options, then change your language to English, then load the mod normally - then it should work. If not, it's a real bug.

Cheers, LT.

ok i tried again, changed the language and everything works well, but then wehn i enter the game, the interface is still gone and i cant go to options, everything else works, but there are no buttons, no bars...no nothing, the interface is completely gone

Inerface being messed up has been caused by having the BUG mod in your custom assets folder. Do you have the BUG mod in your custom assets? If so, you will need move it to it's own proper folder as a mod, or rename your custom assets folder when playing this mod. BUG comes included in WolfRevolution, but it can conflict if you've got another version of it running. Other then that, I've never heard of a problem like this.

sorry for the question, but where is the custom assets folder??, since i used the RevDCM modpack before WolfRevolution without problems, might be a version issue or something??

...\My Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\CustomAssets
should be the path to your CustomAssets folder. You can get there easily by navigating through your program files directory into the Civilizations directory to the BtS directory, and then double clicking on the shortcut to custom assets found therein. There is also a custom assets folder in the main CIV directory. If your custom assets folder is clean (ie there is nothing in there), I have no idea what could be causing your problem. This mod is completely stable on my end, and I have both the Wolfshanze Mod, and RevolutionDCM in the mods directory as well, WolfRevolution does not conflict with these if they are seperate mods. As with all mods though, WolfRevolution can have problems with custom assets, and there is a known problem caused by having the BUG mod installed in the Custom Assets folder, and the problem caused by this is a faulty interface, much as you described. I hope that helps, if not, try deleting WolfRevolution and reinstalling.

Top Bottom