BTS Wont Work O_O!!!

5StarGen.Xeno

Chieftain
I am sure a few of you remember me posting the thred asking which expansion was better. So after hearing BTS was, I got it and when I was installing it, it said "This Did Not Pass Windows XP's Logo Test to Verify its Capibility with Windows, this software will not be installed" but it continued to install. However when I went to play the game it said there was a file missing and it said to reinstall to fix the problem. However the same error with the logo test poped back up again. So what I did was I went to yougamers.com to see if my pc could play the game and it all checked out fine. This error has never happened to me before when installing games, and I have no idea why it exactly came up because my pc can play this game no problem as yougamers.com says. So if anyone has any idea what is going on here please do tell, I really want to play this game =\ (BTW the error came up when it was checking the DirectX about getting the latest one or something?)

You might not have the latest version of DirectX. Or, maybe it is checking for the validity of your operating system, are you running a pirated copy of Windows by chance?

Well I did try to install a newer version of DirectX9 but the "Did Not Pass Logo Test" comes up again. And no I do not have a pirated copy of Windows.

Just so everyone is aware, the file missing is the d3dx9_33.dll and I did go to the tech support forum and found that d3dx9_32.dll problem thred (even though mine is a 33 and not a 32) and tried all 3 links and none of them worked for me, I just cant believe that this is the only game that is giving me this Logo Test and d3dx9_33.dll file errors =|

I figured it out! If anyone else is having a problem with a missing d3dx9_33.dll file read this: Download this http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...67-D926-463B-99E8-27199D6626B5&displaylang=en and tell it to extract to your BTS folder. Then find the d3dx9_31.dll rar. files, try both out and see which works, the x86 one worked for me. Then extract it into a folder and take the: DXSETUP, dsetup32.dll, and DSETUP.dll and put them all in the folder where you put the d3dx9_31 and click on the DXSETUP and let it *install* or whatever you would like to call it. Then after it is done take the
d3dx9_31.dll file out of the folder and put it somewhere in the main BTS folder (dont put it in another folder inside the BTS folder because then it wont work) and rename it to d3dx9_33.dll and then start up the game and it should work!

Top Bottom