BTW -Canadian Civ- Leader traits and UU/UB

utberguy

Warlord
SUPPOSE BTW includes a Canadian Civ- who would the leader(s) be, what will their traits be, and what do you think the uu/ub will be?

I'd say Pierre Trudeau
-Charismatic
-protective

UU will be RCMP (replaces calvary with extra movement)
UB will be hockey rink (replaces coliseums, + 1 health)

What do you think??:crazyeye:

BTS, not BTW

My suggestions for a Canada civilization (although I don't think they should in the game):

John A. MacDonald (Imperialistic, Industrious)
Pierre Elliot Trudeau (Philosophical, Protective)

Unique unit:
RCMP (replaces Calvary)
Coureurs des Bois (replaces Explorer)

Unique building:

(I don't know - but I don't like rink, either)

I'd love to see that about the rink. :) Maybe though it could give a minor health boost for every river/fresh water lake as we can skate.

Or even +1 happiness, +2 with radio.

Those who don't live in Canada just don't get it eh utberguy. ;)

Yeah, they don't realize that in Canada almost everyone has a hockey rink in their backyard:

Attachments

• ohcanadawb7.png
    ohcanadawb7.png
    468 KB · Views: 318
I thought canadian tire or tim hortons would make a good ub too! (name one place doesn't have either of those!)

The ice-hockey version

Leader: Wayne Gretsky - charismatic (understandable), financial :crazyeye:

UB: hockey stadium - replace colliseum, +2 happiness, -5% hammer production (from watching late night game), +100% chance the city will have "we love xxx day"

UU: Maple Leafs hockey players, replace macemen, using hockey sticks instead of maces, start with "Don Cherry's Combat I" promotion so they can selectively attack the weakest unit first in the opponent's stack, gain +10% odds in any battle as the system automatically favors them, on the other side of the coin they have no defence bonus (everybody knows that), have only strength 6 instead and each unit costs two to maintain.... so finally they will lead you to nowhere.:cry:

How about:

Universal Health Care Clinic Public Hospital: replaces hospital, +3 happiness
Corps Infantry: replaces infantry, -50% promotions +50% experience

Edit: Oh, and Sir John A. MacDonald Wilfred Laurier (Creative, Expansive) as leader.

How about:

Universal Health Care Clinic: replaces hospital, +3 happiness
Corps Infantry: replaces infantry, -50% promotions

Edit: Oh, and Sir John A. MacDonald Wilfred Laurier (Creative, Expansive) as leader.

What about futureshop sales clerk - you pay them by commission and they bother people to death

I don't really see the point in discussing this, I think there's almost no chance of Canada being in BTS... Honestly, what would Canada add to the game??

there is really only one modrn civ in the game which is america and it has modern UU and UB i think canada or any other modern civ would have to follow suit, otherwise it is just silly.

Modern civilizations are useless, I hate to say. The point is to finish the game off as quickly as possible, and both the American unique building and the American unique unit are late-game units, and not even very good ones in my opinion. I doubt that many people play America for this reason, and implementing another civilization that is only useful in the Modern Era will feel like a wasted civilization spot.

The Royal Canadian Mounted Police probably would be the best unique unit (if we don't mind going modern), but I'm not sure about the Ice Rink - particularly if it places the Colloseum. I mean, seriously, every other nation will be watching gladiator fights in the year 2000 BC and Canada will be watching ice hockey? No. Definitely no. The Ice Rink wouldn't be bad if it replaced a more modern building, but to replace an Ancient Era building is just silly. In all honesty, I don't know what else their unique building would be, though.

I really doubt that Canada will be added, sorry to say to all of you who want to play as them. Canada has never once been a faction in the Civilization series, and currently none of Civilization IV's (counting Warlords, too) civilizations are civilizations that have not been in previous games. As a result, I find their being in the game to be highly unlikely, but there is always a slim chance.

I really doubt that Canada will be added, sorry to say to all of you who want to play as them. Canada has never once been a faction in the Civilization series, and currently none of Civilization IV's (counting Warlords, too) civilizations are civilizations that have not been in previous games. As a result, I find their being in the game to be highly unlikely, but there is always a slim chance.

The Malinese.

There are 10 new civs being added in BtS ... so say that all the previous civs from the older series are included..
1)Portugal
2)Netherlands
3) Native North Americans
4) Babylonians
5) Mayans
6) Byzantines
7) Sumerians
8) Hittites
9) (Austria..I read that they had unfinished files in Conquests)
10) .....

There is most likely going to be a new civ added to the series. Unless I just can't think of two that were in previous games....but I hope its not Canada as well.

Good point on the Malinese - I hadn't thought of them.

I'm guessing that there will either be two Native American factions (such as the Sioux [for Sitting Bull] and the Iroquois [to recycle Hiawatha]), or maybe the Polynesians, since we know that the Maoi Statues are being added (I know that Cambodia is not in Civilization IV despite the Angkor Wat being in the game, but I think all of the other wonders have their respective civilization in the game). The problem with two Native American factions is that they'd probably be a bit too similar, unless they maybe went with one that is more spiritual and diplomatic and another that is more war-orientated. I could see Sitting Bull being, say, Protective and Charismatic, whereas Hiawatha might be Spiritual and Charismatic (he was Spiritual and Expansive in Civilization III, though, but I think Spiritual and Charismatic fits Hiawatha better than it fits Brennus of the Celts, who should probably have the Aggressive trait).

I don't think Canada's chances are very high, and if they are added I'm pretty sure that they'll only be played as much as America is played (in other words, never).

I really hope Canada aren't in it, but if they are and if John MacDonald is the leader, I will be able to console myself with the fact that a Scotsman is in the game. :D Seriously though, Canada's most appropriate UU would be some kind of advanced explorer, like a (off the top of my head) "Hudson's Bay trader", who can maybe build forts in neutral or barbarian territory. That would make Canada cool to play.

Modern civilizations are useless, I hate to say. The point is to finish the game off as quickly as possible, and both the American unique building and the American unique unit are late-game units, and not even very good ones in my opinion. I doubt that many people play America for this reason, and implementing another civilization that is only useful in the Modern Era will feel like a wasted civilization spot.

The Royal Canadian Mounted Police probably would be the best unique unit (if we don't mind going modern), but I'm not sure about the Ice Rink - particularly if it places the Colloseum. I mean, seriously, every other nation will be watching gladiator fights in the year 2000 BC and Canada will be watching ice hockey? No. Definitely no. The Ice Rink wouldn't be bad if it replaced a more modern building, but to replace an Ancient Era building is just silly. In all honesty, I don't know what else their unique building would be, though.

Historical data has shown that cave men played hockey on their forzen lakes. so there you go. problem solved.

Top Bottom