Budapest goes nuclear

wurstburst

Prince
Playing an emperor game with the balance - combined mods. Around turn 315, I get a notification that Budapest has completed The Manhattan Project. Really?!?!? I didn't know that CS could build projects. Does this mean that theoretically a CS could build all the spaceship projects, launch the SS and win the game?

Has anyone else seen a CS build The Manhattan Project? Has anyone seen them launch a nuke? What about spaceship projects?

Just glad they're my ally.

I had this happen in one of my games as well. They never launched a nuke or anything. I think it was a cultural CS so it wouldn't be giving away nukes. Maybe military CSs do, but I haven't seen it.

Yeah city states do this end game quite frequently. I find it kind of odd. Haven't seen a nuke from them though.

I haven't ever seen a CS building manhattan project but I know for sure that they can't win the game. Also even technically speaking they couldn't build all the space ship parts faster than the player with just one city.

unless you were doing a OCC or most of your empire had been taken over already.

I've seen them build manhattan as well, it's quite annoying and a waste if they won't use it to build nukes. also, why don't CS's build air units? now that all major ai's build them a CS is at a huge disadvantage late-game. well, even more of a disadvantage than before. also, CS city combat power was not scaled the same way that major civ city CP was. imho a CS should be able to at least get to 100+ CP late game. heck, a human city all the way through the tech tree with kremlin and freedom can get to 150!

@OP: balance combined is great!

I've never seen this happen. It doesn't even feel right. May be a bug?

I've been half conquered by a city state before :(

Granted, I didn't try very hard to defend. But still.

Good for them! They have a right to self-defense too! :)

Top Bottom