1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Buddhist URV

Discussion in 'Gameplay Guides' started by adhiraj.bose, Apr 12, 2019.

1. adhiraj.bose

adhiraj.bose Chieftain

How exactly does one go about doing the Buddhist URV ? I tried as Japan while the 300 turn peace is just too easy, the other two seem too tricky. It might be possible to get every other civ to cautious or better, but how does one even try to get the approval rating goal ? How does approval even work ??

Oblivionyx likes this.
  2. Oblivionyx

Oblivionyx Chieftain

I would say try to please everyone with resource trading, gifting techs, and using Great Statesmen. If it doesn't work, then try to kill off the civs that are being difficult. I don't know if dead civs count.

I believe approval rating has something to do with happiness/unhappiness. I found this explanation in another thread buuuut I'm not sure how to use the formula.
    The best way would probably to increase your cities' happiness as much as possible, which might mean keeping their population low...

adhiraj.bose likes this.
  3. adhiraj.bose

adhiraj.bose Chieftain

Okay that helps a lot ! I guess the best Civ to do the Buddhist URV then is Tibet.

4. Alexius08

Alexius08 Chieftain

The Emerald Buddha, available to Buddhist civs, eliminates all unhappiness in its city. It's especially suited for pursuing this UHV.

Oblivionyx likes this.
  5. adhiraj.bose

adhiraj.bose Chieftain

I'm playing in 1.15 base version without any added SVNs. That wonder isn't available to me. I'll try with Tibet and see how it goes. Though this makes it very hard to accomplish as most other large civs :( .

6. freethink

freethink Chieftain

Has anyone tried recruiting spies, to make everyone else unhappy?

7. Oblivionyx

Oblivionyx Chieftain

You mean forment unhappiness? That wears off, I think.