BUFFY .004

Seraiel

If you want anything from I please ask in German
Hey :) .

In the HoF, BUFFY 3.19.004 is currently in that state, that it's released and assumed to be bug-free, and .004 games are aswell accepted as .003 games for the moment. Because .004 really has some nice features I'd really like to play with, would it maybe be possible to release the GOTM-start-files as a .003 and a .004 version and let the player choose? It would also have the advantage, that BUFFY .004 gets tested by more players, so possible bugs could be sorted out earlier so the mod could aswell be published earlier.

Seraiel

Hi Seraiel, unfortunately it wouldn't be practical to release .003 and .004 versions of the same game. We'd have to rewrite substantial parts of the game submission/analysis software to support dual BUFFY versions. We are expecting to move to using .004 for all BtS games at some point in the near future, but we're holding off right now because of some reported issues. (When we do switch there'll be a couple of nice surprises for players - the new BUFFY has a couple of features specially for GOTMs)

Thx for that answer DynamicSpirit, so at least, GOTM will not stay the whole time with BUFFY .003, because of Mac-players (or will there be a Mac-version of BUFFY .004 also? ) .

I'm very much looking forward to the mod showing the real diplo-modifies, so one doesn't has to do so much guessing on when an AI will get friendly. Yes, it's actually no guessing if knowing the hidden modifiers, but I just enjoy the comfort of seeing them and don't mind that some high-level-players skill over the low-mid-level-players gets lost, the difference is made when one calculates diplo in numbers, and when really knowing how to make AIs friendly, at least for one turn ;) .

Can you tell sth. about the special GOTM-related features DynamicSpirit? I installed .004 and took a quick look, but didn't find anything in the options menu.

Don't know if this is in .004 (not tried it) or will be later, but one thing I miss from .003 BUFFY compared with BUG is the overview in the Espionage screen of how much EP the other AIs have on you. It's still available by hovering over the name in the scoreboard, so I'm not sure why this is missing from the espionage screen in BUFFY. It's not a huge miss, but it would be comfortable to have it there.

Pangaea - One of the main objectives of new BUFFY was to bring it up-to-date with BUG/BULL stuff, so all that stuff should be in there. Still, it is worth checking. Part of the reason we are still testing.

Note that NZ has posted the latest version over in HOF forum, so you are free to check it out, test it, or even play some HOF Challengers with it.

What new BUFFY will not do is make changes outside of what is already in the newer versions of BUG/BULL and HOF mod.

Can you tell sth. about the special GOTM-related features DynamicSpirit? I installed .004 and took a quick look, but didn't find anything in the options menu.

They'll be a surprise ;) Absolutely no point looking for them though - they are GOTM-specific - and have no effect in HOF games, so you won't see anything.

@Pangaea - the Espionage Screen is me if my favourite bits about Buffy .004 [emoji6] It's not in .003 because it wasn't in the version of BUG that version is based on.

That sounds good :) I look forward to trying it, though for now I prefer to use .003, especially if I ever get to finish that darn marathon space game I PMed about earlier.

Top Bottom