Bug - 100 turns warning comes too early

Nightfang

'Pointy Stick' Scientist
When my game hit 1940, I got a message stating that there were only 100 turns left. I beat the game before that time ran out, however, it seemed it was driving to complete the game in 2040, instead of 2050.

This is not a GOTM specific bug, as it happened in the last game I played before I started the GOTM. However, it will affect play in the GOTM. Ten turns in the late game can mean all the difference.

This is because games became longer in patch 1.09 than in 1.00..

For normal lenth games the turns for a game went from 430 to 440 turns.

However the GOTM game this time was originally made in 1.00, and it kept its old 430 turn limit, which cause the game to end 10 years (turns) early. (We didnt discover the change in turn limit till game had been available for a couple days, so it was too late to change it then)

umm.. My GOTM1 ended at year 1840 or so. Am I missing a few hundred turns? I barely got past Scientific method and the pure sciences in the Tech tree and no one started the Space program or got anywhere near it.

umm.. My GOTM1 ended at year 1840 or so. Am I missing a few hundred turns? I barely got past Scientific method and the pure sciences in the Tech tree and no one started the Space program or got anywhere near it.

:eek: What victory message did it give?

Time Victory.

I think I may have something funky going on with my gamespeed / year increment.

@Skippa: First thought is that your system has somehow decided to run the Quick game number of turns, but with the Normal game year increments, but let's have a look at it.

Can you upload your end-of-game file using the submission system? I'll have a look at it and tell you what I can see.

AlanH said:
@Skippa: First thought is that your system has somehow decided to run the Quick game number of turns, but with the Normal game year increments, but let's have a look at it.

Can you upload your end-of-game file using the submission system? I'll have a look at it and tell you what I can see.

Do you mean to submit the save through the GOTM submission system?

Yes. I think that's what I said :hmm:
Can you upload your end-of-game file using the submission system?

Umm well I loaded the game again just to check and it seems that I did make it to year 2040. :blush:

I think when I was going through the play turn replay I thought it stopped in the 1800s or so.

Sorry about my confusing rant I guess I may be playing this game too much and my mind is making up various scenerios that never existed.
:cry:

Top Bottom