1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug: Any research item completed in 1 turn.

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Road to War' started by redbeard42, Oct 28, 2007.

1. redbeard42

redbeard42 Chieftain

I am playing the 1936 Europe scenario as the Americans on Chieftain difficulty (don't laugh, I'm seeing what this mod is before trying it on a harder difficulty). Before entering the war (fortnight 1 December '41) research items took 4095 beakers to complete, afterwards (fortnight 2 December '41) they are displayed as requiring 17195 beakers but are completed the turn after selecting them.

Attached is the Fortnight 1 December '41 savegame.

Attached Files:

2. Dale

Dale Chieftain

Spongeing off your allies eh? :p

Allies research is cumulative.

3. redbeard42

redbeard42 Chieftain

That doesn't seem to be the reason. I can get research completed in 1 turn when I am researching something different than my allies.

For example: My allies are all researching Improved Anti-Air and I am researching Chain Reaction, it will take them 20 turns to complete Improved AA and 1 turn for me to complete Chain Reaction, when I join them in researching Improved Anti-Air, it will only take 1 turn for all us to complete it.

4. Infantry#14

Infantry#14 Chieftain

yes, i also notice this problem too prior 3.13 patch. I was playing as Germany at noble (1st game) and when east balkan joins me, he can research any tech in 1 turn for 3 times, while I can normally do it in 6-8 turns. I'm pretty sure east balkan is not an economic powerful house. Either he did not research anything at all since the beginning of the game or this is a bug.