Bug at endgame of hotseat space victory

Polarballs

Chieftain
Hello all,
I had an odd experience in a hotseat game and was curious if anyone else has seen the same thing. Playing a 2 player hotseat game with 6 AI opponents, I was player 1 my wife was player 2. Since I was player 1 I also suffered from the no-trade bug, I'm not sure if this is related somehow or something entirely different.
Heres what happened:
I was going for a space race victory and was 1 turn away from finishing the final piece. I finish my turn, and on my wifes' turn she gets the "player 1 has built ss docking bay" message, she does her turn as normal. After ending her turn, she sees the usual "waiting for other civilizations" message, but then another message shows up in bold stating "Player 1 has achieved a Space Race Victory!" At this point we can scroll around on the map, enter and exit city screens and even move units with both messages on the screen. If you go into the advisor or trade screens the game crashes, and if you try to exit to the main menu it crashes as well. Also, on the Hall of Fame it shows my wife having won a space race victory, not me.
This bug is not a deal breaker obviously, it comes at the very end of a game and really only affects my bragging rights, but I was curious if I'm alone in seeing this or if others have had similar problems at the end of hotseat games.

One thing I should add, I saved my final savegame and reloaded it after the patch came out to see if that had an effect on the outcome, it did not. It took me several more turns to finish the docking bay since the build cost was increased but upon finishing it the game ended the exact same way. We have started a new hotseat game and I think I'll try to go for the same end result to see if a game started under 1.09 will work normally or not.

Top Bottom