[BUG] auto annex/no popup

Arilian

King
Hi,

I still have auto annex and no popup bugs with GOTM, while I do not seem to have it, if I start a new game.

Is this only me? I have synced the files with steam and the issue persists.

In the games you start, do you use the same settings we do?

Be interested to hear if that is a problem for others.

Hi,

I still have auto annex and no popup bugs with GOTM, while I do not seem to have it, if I start a new game.

Is this only me? I have synced the files with steam and the issue persists.

Actually yes, i've had it happen to me in GOTM as well but not normally.

Just hit F6 to bring up tech tree, or manually open it, and the pop-ups will appear. (At least for me, thanx for the tip to whoever mentioned here.)

I've only ever had that bug happen to me once and it was during one of the multiplayer sessions we play for Turncast. I always use F6 for picking me techs, yet it didn't correct the issue the one time it happened to me. I use all the hotkeys I remember for pretty much everything to make the game flow faster.

here is a slightly detailed description of the F6 fix from a 2k forum located here (page 2 of the auto annex bug thread--post #62).

here is the relevant part of his text:

Auto-annexation is part of the pop-up suppression bug
Yes, this is still present. It occurs on occasion when you hit the F6 key to open the tech tree. It used to be for all the function keys. Now it is limited to just F6 (in my experience).

When pop-ups fail to pop (i.e. ruins reward messages, barb hut gold, etc.), hit F6 to open the tech tree. Next, manually close the tree with your mouse by pressing the close button in the bottom-left corner.
All suppressed pop-ups should now pop at once (if multiple). If a city has been auto-annexed, you may still raze it (or puppet). Until you select an option in the city-capture pop-up, it is placed in "limbo" where it acts as any other annexed city, but does not contribute to a culture increase. Culture games are not ruined, although you may still reload if you don't trust me on this.

you can read the whole thread to see a timeline of how they figured this out and/or addressed it. it has details like which windows version, mods, etc anyone was using. (it's also repetitive and kind of rambling like these threads can be.) since it involves blocking a pop-up function of the game I'm actually curious if by some odd chance one of your internet pop-up blockers might contribute to this. I havent had this happen to me in some time but I actually do get things blocked like ruins gifts and barb camps cleared pop-ups, just not the auto-annex part.

supposedly, Firaxis fixed this in the hotfix released after the big patch. If it is still happening with regularity.I'm not sure what the cause could be but this could be revisited directly with them (2k or Steam) or in our Bugs section if you can provide more info like windows version, dxdiag file, mods used, etc. I think it might be beyond our staff's capabilities to fix this as of right now.

There is a coding mistake in script file "TechTree.lua" which may be the cause of your problems (I mentionned it on the 2K support thread but no one cared). When pressing ESC or ENTER key to close the tech panel, PopupProcessed is not called and the popup queue is stalled :crazyeye:.
It's trivial to fix, replace lines 812 & 813:
Code:
            UIManager:DequeuePopup( ContextPtr );
            g_isOpen = false;
by:
Code:
		OnCloseButtonClicked();
The file is located in the "TechTree" folder in the UI folder for the gods & kings expansion in the steam game cache.
Alternatively replace the exisitng file with the one attached.
Try it at your own risk :badcomp:, if it solves your problem please let us know.

I might be hitting the F10 button to speed up the combat animation.

i'm in the habit now of quick saving every time i move to take a city.

I get the pop up fails all the time. a save and re-load fixes that.

thanks tho.

When pop-ups fail to pop (i.e. ruins reward messages, barb hut gold, etc.), hit F6 to open the tech tree. Next, manually close the tree with your mouse by pressing the close button in the bottom-left corner.

This works for me. I have noticed this only recenly, and now it will be (hopefully) fixed :)

Top Bottom