[bug] Automated workers prioritize total garbage

*M*

Chieftain
I just tried to play with automated workers, the result was really really bad.

The AI hasn't sent any worker to build a quarry to get that precious marble for 30 turns.... but decided to storm another city close by with 6 workers to build 5 farms and 1 mine. :eek:
[picture with the red circles]

And sometimes, if you build a worker in a completely unimproved city to have it improved, they just speed away to spam a decently improved citiy with three times more improvements than it can work :crazyeye:
[picture with the blue arrows]

Attachments

• workersfromhell.jpg
    workersfromhell.jpg
    292.6 KB · Views: 313
  • workersfromhell2.jpg
    workersfromhell2.jpg
    274.1 KB · Views: 287
I just automated some workers for the first time, and saw similar results. I bought a worker on an island city, which was totally unimproved and the city on it had a pupulation of 8, working these unimproved tiles.
The worker started embarking to the ocean, and swimming back to the mainland 15 tiles away.

In the example, the workers could be upgrading plains in preference to desert or tundra. Just a suggestion.

In the example, the workers could be upgrading plains in preference to desert or tundra. Just a suggestion.

I think the automared workers don't even improve desert tiles if its not a hill or it has some resource. In some my games I have seen them standing still even if there were desert tiles that had no improvements when they were automated.

Top Bottom