Bug/balance problem Corporation Trader Sid´s. Marathon Huge Map

Oaky

Chieftain
Hi I`m a veteran Civ player, new to VP, so I don’t know if this is a bug or just a problem of balance. In the turn 1087 Harald Bluetooth has an income of > 16k gold per turn.

I found that he has 41 Franchises of Trader Sid´s. Each one give +4 gold. (41*4) = 164 gold in EACH city with a franchise building. The big problem is when the total city gold has a 60% of city modifier giving an output for each city of > 600 gold

BTW if someone know how reach a city modifier of 60% plz tell me.

I think I don’t need to enter in how unbalance is that amount of money in rushing productions or upgrading units, and the most important in VP the happiness, so much money per turn compensate the other unhappiness from other sources. He has near 50 cities with 30 pop in each.

The version of the VP is May 20th (3.5.20.3).
I added some screenshots with the problem. As I said I don’t know if this is working as intended but imho its overpowered. TIA

Attachments

• Civ5corp1.jpg
    Civ5corp1.jpg
    359.8 KB · Views: 200
  • Civ5corp2.jpg
    Civ5corp2.jpg
    221.6 KB · Views: 185
  • Civ5corp3.jpg
    Civ5corp3.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 158
  • Civ5corp4.jpg
    Civ5corp4.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 163
There is supposed to be a franchise limit. I have no clue what the actual limit is, but if its lower than 41, its not a very impactful limit.

Trader Sid's gives your city a +25% :c5gold: gold modifier for each trade route from this city targeting a foreign city with a franchise of your corporation. Two trade routes + some policy modifier, like Industry's Division of Labor or Tradition's finisher in the Capital, is enough for a +60% modifier.

There should be a much lower franchise limit, 42 franchises is not common. I think it scales based on your empire size, but I don't know how it is determined. Note that there are two tenets that increase the number of franchises: Fredom's Transnationalism (20% higher Global Franchise) and Autocracy's Syndicalism (franchises count double in cities of civs you are at least popular with, not counting against Global Franchise maximum). If Harald chose Autocracy and is popular with enough civs, then that number of franchises isn't that big.

That aside, corporations do provide crazy yields and modifiers; I reached 900 :c5production: production in my capital when building Citizen Earth Protocol thanks to the +80% :c5production: production I got from Hexxon Refineries trade routes, while also getting a global monopoly on coal with few coal tiles due to these offices. If I wanted, I could complete a CN Tower in 4 turns. Other corporations aren't any weaker. If you are Egypt (who got Giorgio Armeiner), do your best to get franchises, the culture modifier youc an get from it is massive.

EDIT: that 60% modifier on him isn't from corporations, though, I'm not sure how he reached 60% then.

Base maximum number of franchises = Number of trade routes
So while some tenets (the Freedom one in particular, IIRC) allow to go beyond that number, 42 does seem too high.

Base maximum number of franchises = Number of trade routes
So while some tenets (the Freedom one in particular, IIRC) allow to go beyond that number, 42 does seem too high.
So... Does Venice have its franchises limit doubled? Just wondering.

Top Bottom