BUG, BAT, BULL all separate now?

Oddible

signal / noise > 1
When I first downloaded this mod, BAT contained BUG as well. Came back for updates and the forum post as well as the main SF project page have gotten a bit more confusing on the subject.

Now, the forum page lists three mods, BUG, BAT, and BULL. But when you go to the DOWNLOAD link it only shows two. When you read the descriptions of those two on the download page, it appears that they are not completely separate and you have to install them separately.

Shouldn't it explain on the SourceForge download page that BAT includes BUG?
Why is BULL listed in the first forum announcement post but has no link to where to download it?

Thanks, love the mods!

Well, being a fan of the mods too i must say currently its very confusing. I think a clear, easy to understand, miniguide which mod contains which features or mods is missing.

BUG, BAT, BULL and BUFFY a clarification is desperately needed :cry:

Arrgh, so I downloaded BUG and BAT, only to find out the BAT contains bug. I also downloaded the Blue Marble mod because one of the BAT / BUG pages recommended but now I find out that Blue Marble is actually included in BAT also. This is mayhem.

Yep, need a clearly list of what contains what. And if you want all of the above, what should you download and what should you install in which order. It appears that BAT installs Blue Marble for instance, but doesn't offer as many config options as Blue Marble so I'm reluctant to install it because I don't want all of Blue Marble's changes. Hrm.

There has been a delay of the release of both BULL and BUG. This has caused problems, as BAT was released on schedule. We are going to be updating the docs once everyone is in place. The addition of Blue Marble is not complete, and also new in the release of BAT 2.0. It is NOT contained in BUG, nor will it ever be. We will still suggest getting Blue Marble for BUG, and even though BAT contains the textures of BM, you may still want to install BM for all of the additions contained in it.

BUG is currently 3.6, with the daily build file being considered BUG 4.0, without the installer.
BULL has not been packaged as of yet, but the .dll is ready for download through the SVN.
BAT is in it's complete and final form. It contains all the features listed on the download forum post.

We hope to have this resolved soon, but this is a free project, and we gotta make money in the real world somehow, and sometimes other things in RL take priority.;)

Sorry for the confussion, and hope this clears things up a bit.

Good Morning!
First of all, thanks you all for your work, I've been enjoying BUG for a long time.
I'd like to try Bull and BUG 4.0. Of course I'm going to download them from SVN, but I'ma bit confused about how to use them.
Where do I have to put those files if I don't want to install them as a MOD?
Thanks in advance!

And :)

We hope to have this resolved soon, but this is a free project, and we gotta make money in the real world somehow, and sometimes other things in RL take priority.;)

RL is such a PITA. ;)

Put the CustomAssets folder in your My Games / BTS folder.
In My Games, create a folder called "BUG Mod". Put both Info and UserSettings into that new folder.

Tada! Yes, I know the installer is long overdue. :(

As for BULL, you need to place the files in Assets into your CustomAssets folder. The DLL must replace (after backing up) the original where BTS's EXE is located, inside the Assets folder.

Put the CustomAssets folder in your My Games / BTS folder.
In My Games, create a folder called "BUG Mod". Put both Info and UserSettings into that new folder.

Tada! Yes, I know the installer is long overdue. :(

As for BULL, you need to place the files in Assets into your CustomAssets folder. The DLL must replace (after backing up) the original where BTS's EXE is located, inside the Assets folder.
I'm still confused about BULL.

I've installed BUG 4.0 with the Single-Player (Custom Assets) option, and it works fine. But I see all these references to BULL in the interface, and I have no idea where it is, where to put it, and how to activate it, or whatever.

So... what do I do to get BULL working? :confused:

I've installed BUG 4.0 with the Single-Player (Custom Assets) option, and it works fine. But I see all these references to BULL in the interface.

BUG and BULL can each be used separately. However, when used together you can configure BULL on-the-fly using BUG's options screen. Without BUG you must modify BULL's GlobalAltDefines.xml file and restart Civ. But BULL is not included with BUG.

So... what do I do to get BULL working? :confused:

I am working on cleaning up BULL (the BUFFY project kinda put a monkey wrench into the BUG and BULL releases I had planned) and getting a 1.0 version released very soon. I will include instructions in the first ZIP release on where to put the files.

I am working on cleaning up BULL (the BUFFY project kinda put a monkey wrench into the BUG and BULL releases I had planned) and getting a 1.0 version released very soon. I will include instructions in the first ZIP release on where to put the files.
Thanks, I'll keep my eyes peeled for that! :goodjob:

Top Bottom