Bug? Bombing Cities

Azarius

Chieftain
Greetings!

New to Civ 5 and I'm LOVING this WW2 mod. Currently playing the European campaign.

I'm having an issue, which I'm not sure is a "feature" or a "bug".

When trying to bomb cities, sometimes my bomber will deal "8 damage" and the 'health' bar will drop the appropriate amount. It will then show the XP my bomber gets "IE: +2", and then right after that the city heals itself = the damage that was dealt to it "ie: +8"

Help?

Thanks

K

Thats how its supposed to be, it was done to make city defending a bit more manageable.

What causes the instant health regeneration? Is is a % of health for the city? I guess I'll stop sending air attacks against the city once it does that...

I cant remember at what % the mod allows the city to insta heal the bomb damage, but the point is that you stop air attacks at that time and let the ground troop take the city.

When it works (it tends to never work for me when the AI attacks my cities) it makes sure you avoid the constant back and forth over a city due to massive air bombing.

PS, it can be a idea to keep bombing a city with lots of manufacturies, since you have the chance that the bombing damage will damage the tiles around the city.

And with your last answer you just told me why suddenly I see factories smoking!! :)

yes, it's a feature, but I need to add more UI elements to make the user aware of it :D

and it has been partially broken with patch .674, next release should fix that.

yes, it's a feature, but I need to add more UI elements to make the user aware of it :D

and it has been partially broken with patch .674, next release should fix that.

Nice :)

And is there any impact of "cutting off" cities or units? IE: encircling an enemy town or unit by capturing territory?

Kev

PS: Keep up the great work

Units that can't find a "route" (not meaning road, but land tiles) to one of their cities (including allies) via friendly territory won't be able to heal, and will get a big malus on attack and a small malus on defense (showed by the inverted red triangle in the promotions)

air or land ?

Air.

(I have to write this additional line as the site doesn't allow replies long less than 5 characters :lol:).

no land/sea units attacking ? (melee or ranged)

do you have an end turn savegame with an example ?

TIA

Here you go. Click next turn and you'll see French B-17 bombers (I gifted them) reducing Florence to 0 HP.

On a side note, I just won the game as England and I would have loved to continue playing declaring war to Russia... maybe after the endgame you could unbind the diplomacy options or just put an "history fiction" option for a NATO vs. Warsaw Pact hot war!

Attachments

• bombing.7z
    3.2 MB · Views: 223
thanks.

and try to declare war on the Baltic states in your finished game... just saying...

First look at the logs make me think it's the mod that is not programmed to handle gifted units in combat correctly

I'm not going to try to fix that for v.45, as it could take some time and that part of the code will be completely rewritten after that anyway (combat code about city bombing I mean, not gifting)

Yes that was my thought too.
Also remind my other report that gifted air units never move from the city where I place them.

As for the poor little Baltic states, I'll try! :goodjob:

ho, just one other question: there are really unusual situations in your map, have you used IGE or other modifications ? And if yes, how much ?

I'm curious at Hungary capturing Yugoslavia, Petrozavodsk being Germany last city, Greece capturing part of Italy, France capturing North Africa before you (and Tabryz), Finland capturing Kirkenes (Norway)... I mean there are always some surprising scenario in a game, but there is a lot in this one :D

No, I didn't use IGE or other modifications, and yes it was an interesting scenario:
  1. Hungary carpet rolled Yugoslavia on its own.
  2. I think Petrozavodsk was conquered by German forces coming down from Norway (but not sure, I inferred it by finding later the occupied part of Norway totally undefended), and to my surprise USSR totally ignored it, to the point that I was obliged to get there and conquer it with my forces to get done with Germany.
  3. Greece conquered part of Italy thanks to my bombers and the ones I gifted to France that paved the way.
  4. France conquered large swaths of Lybia because I let them do so: I didn't want many cities there! :lol:
  5. About Kirkenes... I don't know what happened there, I was not close following that part of the world!

Top Bottom