1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug + Bull on Steam

Discussion in 'Civ4 - BTS Unaltered Gameplay (BUG, BAT and BULL)' started by mighty gandhi, May 27, 2017.

1. mighty gandhi

mighty gandhi Chieftain

Hi Guys, I had Bug+Bull installed and everything was going fine with my Civ on steam.
    Then I don't know what happened, and appearently the game uninstalled itself (some weird reason I can't explain).
    So I reinstalled the game and the two mods but the game doesn't read the Bull dll, everything ok with Bug, but I cannot select Bull options.
    Tryed again a million times with fresh installations but nothing to do. I guess the problem is dued to Steam that changes the normal installation paths under Steam/Steamapps/Common.
    I remember me having issues even the first time but then I solved somehow.....any suggestion? I guess I'm not the only one having this game on Steam....

2. Lemon Merchant

Lemon Merchant Smarticus Pantsidae

When you reinstalled BULL, did you merge in the Python and XML files properly? There is no installer yet, so you have to move the files manually to your Custom Assets folder. The directions are in the BULL zip file, IIRC.

3. mighty gandhi

mighty gandhi Chieftain

Yes, I followed the instructions in the readme file, but still not working...
    Spoiler :
    To install BULL so that it is always active with your games (this will allow you to use it with succession games and games you open from the CivFanatics forum), you must copy the files and folders from BULL's Assets folder into your CustomAssets folder.

C:\Documents and Settings
    <your user name>
    My Documents
    My Games
    Beyond the Sword
    CustomAssets
    Next copy the file Assets/CvGameCoreDLL.dll to BTS's Assets folder, renaming the original first. It's okay to leave a copy of it in the CustomAssets folder; it will be ignored by BTS.

C:\Program Files
    Sid Meier's Civilization 4
    Beyond the Sword
    Assets
    CvGameCoreDLL.dll.original <-- rename original by adding something onto the end
    CvGameCoreDLL.dll <-- then copy BULL's here

The path of the CvGameCoreDLL will be slightly different on my PC due to Steam...maybe that's causing problems...

Last edited: May 28, 2017
  4. mighty gandhi

mighty gandhi Chieftain

Now it worked finally....If it can help for someone else the correct path where to place the .dll is :\Programs\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Assets

Thanks for helping :thumbsup: