1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[BUG?] Civ 5 hangs on start of game since 1.0.0.20

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Technical Support' started by BLM3, Oct 2, 2010.

1. BLM3

BLM3 Chieftain

I've been playing since the game came out and have been enjoying it. After 1.0.0.20 came out though I cannot play at all!

1/ Bring up Civ 5
    2/ Go to Single User (no Mods)
    3/ Setup Game on a Duel map
    4/ Start game, leader head comes up
    5/ Leader head intro finishes and slides over
    6/ Begin my journey!
    7/ Cannot select any units!

Since I'm running windowed (and I have disabled the intro movie) the window title bar says (Not Responding) at this point...and waiting 15 minutes gets me nowhere. This only started happening after 1.0.0.20. I've attached the output from DXDIAG

This fails in DX11 and DX9 the same way. :confused:

Any ideas?

Attached Files:

2. BLM3

BLM3 Chieftain

Tested again this afternoon. This only happens if I **do not** play any mods. Playing any regular game w/o mods hangs. Playing w/Mods works! Help!

3. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Super Moderator Supporter

There should somewhere be the option to clear the civ5 cache (no idea where exactly), clearing could help.

4. Krystalshield

Krystalshield Chieftain

Okay, I have the same problem as of today. I shut down my computer for the night and now can't play anything.

5. Krystalshield

Krystalshield Chieftain

FYI, I called Tech Support, and long story short my issues got resolved with an updated driver for my graphics card. Much faster and smoother, plus picture quality increased noticably.

I'm not sure what triggered it becoming a crash issue, but the driver has fixed it.