[Bug/exploit] Promised Land - Multiple Settler per turn

Monthar

Deity
I discovered a major bug/exploit with the Promised Land victory today when I saved the game to take a break after spawning the settler for the turn and phasal transporting it to the next location. When I relaunched the game I checked that I had already spawned one before ending the turn and a new settler was spawned when I clicked the spawn button. I transport that settler to the next location and saved the game again. Next I reloaded the new save and was once again able to spawn another settler, making it the 3rd one for this turn.

Steps to repeat
  1. Spawn a settler at the Exodus Gate.
  2. Move settler off the gate's tile.
  3. Save game.
  4. Load the game you saved in step 3.
  5. Repeat Steps 1-4 until you've spawned all the settlers you need for victory.

If you have the resources for enough phasal transporters and enough monorails to move some of the settlers, you could possibly achieve victory on the turn after completing the Exodus Gate.

Based on this bug, I suspect the Emancipation victory could probably be exploited with save and reload as well.

Here's a copy of the save.

Attachments

• Samatar Jama Barre_TURN 244.CivBESave
    668.4 KB · Views: 122
Goodness. Why couldn't they make these one-click wonders like normal units with "do my thing" and "do nothing", so that A) they work within the framework of existing mechanics, and B) you actually get reminded to use them?

I remember someone reported the same kind of exploit for the Emancipation gate.

The fact that the units are spawned (or sent) is saved but the fact that the gate has been already used for that turn is not.

Has anyone noticed that there is no correlation between what your Advisors suggest you research and their interest? i.e. the Military Advisor suggests you research things that have no military bearing on the game.

Moderator Action: This has nothing to do with this bug report. If you want to discuss that, please open your own thread in the main BE discussion forums. http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=492
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Top Bottom