1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[BUG-FIXED?] Paradrop from enemy land

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Bug Reports' started by mihaifx, Oct 2, 2010.

1. mihaifx

mihaifx Warlord

Both Civilopedia and ability description state that it can be use only from friendly territory. However you can easily paradrop while inside enemy land. Fail !! :crazyeye:

The bug is clear enough, but I attached the save. Paratrooper is near Cape Town. Aparently you can paradrop from friendly and enemy land, but not from neutral (unclaimed) land.

Attached Files:

2. Lynxx

Lynxx Chieftain

I tried to have a look if this has been posted and found nothing about it so here goes:

In my recent game (which I postponed to mondern days to try out some of the troops there) I built one paratrooper. This guy could paradrop from INSIDE enemy territroy. Clearly a bug to me. Due to computer related problems I can not supply a screeny of it at this point, but perhaps other people can confirm it.

Moderator Action: Merged with exiting thread.

3. Petek

Petek Alpha Centaurian Administrator Supporter

Sorry that these posts were overlooked up until now.

I loaded mihaifx's file and confirmed his observation that a paratrooper can paradrop from enemy territory, contrary to the documentation. However, I happened to have a save file (1.0.0.62) from another game (see attached) that shows an Ottoman Paratrooper in Greek (enemy) territory near Mycenae that can't Paradrop. Since a patch came out after your game was saved, I'm going to assume this was fixed. If anyone can provide a 1.0.0.621 that shows a Paratrooper able to Paradrop from within enemy territory, please do so.

Attached Files:

4. mihaifx

mihaifx Warlord

I will test this tonight, it's nice it was not overlooked, at least by the forum if not by Fireaxis, lol.

But as far as I remember, you still cannot paradrop from neutral territory, which still represents a bug to me.

5. Petek

Petek Alpha Centaurian Administrator Supporter

That's correct, a paradrop must begin in friendly territory. The above save game (No Paradrop) demonstrates that. There's another Ottoman Paratrooper on the bottom right of the map South of Izmir. It cannot Paradrop. This behavior agrees with the manual and the Civilopedia so it appears to now be working as intended.

BTW I forgot to mention that the No Paradrop save file requires the Babylon DLC to open.

6. mihaifx

mihaifx Warlord

You're right, this appears to be fixed in 1.0.0.62. Probably another undocumented change.
    I still don't like I can't use neutral land, especially when you plan to take over another continent, but anyway I'm glad this is no longer an exploit.