[Bug] France-Bug in Brave New World

ImperatoM

Chieftain
The French ability to double building-boni on Worldwonders works fine as long as you have just one bonus. When you get several boni (e.g for social politic, religion and marmor stone) at the same time it happens, that boni are getting lost (like marmor bonus in the picture) - and not all boni are getting doubled. I took a screenshot as you can see.

As long as only one bonus can be doubled at all, Egypt would always be the better choice than France. Please solve that bug :)

Attachments

• Frankreich-Bug.jpg
    Frankreich-Bug.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 417
The French ability to double building-boni on Worldwonders works fine as long as you have just one bonus. When you get several boni (e.g for social politic, religion and marmor stone) at the same time it happens, that boni are getting lost (like marmor bonus in the picture) - and not all boni are getting doubled. I took a screenshot as you can see.

As long as only one bonus can be doubled at all, Egypt would always be the better choice than France. Please solve that bug :)

France gets double theming bonusses in their capital, not double production bonus. So if you build the Louvre and stock it with the appropriate items (2 Great Works of Art and 2 Artifacts, all from different ages and civs), you get a theming bonus of 8 instead of 4 (which even rises to 16 if you fill out the Aesthetics policy tree). So there's no bug here, I think.

Ah, okay. I just misunderstood the German ingame translation, maybe that could be improved?

According to some German Wiki the wording is:
"Stadt des Lichts (Bonus für große Werke verdoppelt in der Hauptstadt)"

'Great Arts' however seem to have been translated as 'Meisterwerke' elsewhere in the game. So there definitely is a good chance of people misunderstanding 'große Werke' for 'größere Bauprojekte' (large Construction Projects aka Wonders).

Also: the "Theming" got completely lost in translation. I don't see a reason why it shouldn't be "Thematikbonus" or "Themenbonus" instead of just 'Bonus'. It is a bit tricky; a real museum would probably talk about 'Schwerpunkte" but "Schwerpunktbonus" doesn't really work here.

And finally: wrong grammar/syntax. It should be:
"Stadt des Lichts (Themenbonus für Meisterwerke in der Hauptstadt verdoppelt)".
...and I have the feeling this isn't the only time where this happened :p

edit) from the same Wiki:
[Assyria UA]
-Wenn eine Stadt erobert wird, erhaltet ihr eine kostenlose Technologie, die der Besitzer schon erforscht hat. Der Erhalt einer Stadt durch ein Handelsabkommen wird dabei nicht berücksichtigt, und dies kann nur einmal pro Spiel geschehen.
--> It says once per game instead of once per city.

[Brazil UA]
-Die Tourismusproduktion beträgt in Goldenen Zeitaltern 100%.
--> Wow really? My special is that instead of 100% I get... still 100%? Should be +100% or rather:
"Doppeltes Tourismusaufkommen während eines Goldenen Zeitalters."

-Große Künstler, Musiker und Schriftsteller tauchen in Goldenen Zeitaltern 50% schneller auf.
--> First of all: "Groß(e/r)" is horrible. It should rather be "Bedeutende(r)" or "Großartige(r)".
And then "auftauchen"... :facepalm:.
One should stick to the game mechanic here and say "Bedeutende Künstler, Musiker und Schriftsteller werden während eines Goldenen Zeitalters 50% schneller generiert."

[Portugal UA]
-Ressourcenvielfalt bringt Portugal doppelt soviel Gold [in internationalen Handelsrouten] <-- this just got lost (still, I haven't set the game to German, but I doubt the guys in the wiki are that bad when it comes to copy and pasting). It is also very misleading (albeit the English wording also might cause the same misunderstanding) and I bet most people think the whole trade route would give double gold, not just the resource diversity part of it. So a better phrase would be: "Ressourcenvielfalt erhöht den Goldbonus in internationalen Handelsrouten um doppelt soviel wie normal". It's still misleading a bit, but better.
Ironically it would absolutely not be misleading in both English and German if the detail (the doubling) would be dropped and instead just be said, that resource diversity grants more gold than usual in intl. trade routes.

[Morocco UA]
-Erhält +3 Gold und +1 Kultur für jeden Handelsweg mit Zivilisationen oder Stadtstaaten.
The "different" got completely lost. I do like the Handelsweg here though (unless 'route' was translated to 'Weg' instead of 'Route' everywhere in the game^^ [edit: yeah... this seems to be the case]). Anyway:
"Erhält pro Zivilisation (oder Stadtstaat) zu der ein Handelsweg besteht +3 Gold und +1 Kultur."

[Indonesian UA]
-Gewürzinselbewohner (Spice Islanders) --> change to "Gewürzinsulaner".

[Venice UA]
-Händler von Venedig (Merchant of Venice) --> should be called 'Venezianischer Händler' [unless this causes "venezianischer Venezianischer Händler" to show up in the game ;) - in that case I think it's better to say 'Händler aus Venedig' (instead of 'Händler von Venedig')]

Hooray for "Weites Land" (Great Expanse [Shoshone])! - this is much better than the literal translation (Große Ausdehnung) would be.

Moderation might split my posting to a new/existing thread where this matter is already discussed. Hard to believe no one complained about that yet... guess people are used to mediocre translations by now (or even most Germans don't know what's proper German nowadays).

According to some German Wiki the wording is:
"Stadt des Lichts (Bonus für große Werke verdoppelt in der Hauptstadt)"

'Great Arts' however seem to have been translated as 'Meisterwerke' elsewhere in the game. So there definitely is a good chance of people misunderstanding 'große Werke' for 'größere Bauprojekte' (large Construction Projects aka Wonders).

Also: the "Theming" got completely lost in translation. I don't see a reason why it shouldn't be "Thematikbonus" or "Themenbonus" instead of just 'Bonus'. It is a bit tricky; a real museum would probably talk about 'Schwerpunkte" but "Schwerpunktbonus" doesn't really work here.

Well, "Stadt des Lichts (Bonus für große Werke verdoppelt in der Hauptstadt)" WOULD be are very clear translation - there is no need for the fragment "Themen" in the translation. But unfortunately "Stadt des Lichts (Bonus für große Werke verdoppelt in der Hauptstadt)" is NOT the German translation in the game, it seems to be an improved recommondation from that website - and it would be perfect!

Ingame the translation is "Auf Museen und Weltwunder bezogene Bonusse verdoppeln sich in der Hauptstadt", that means "Boni for museums and worldwonders are getting doubled in your capital" - and this is totally wrong. That's why I thought, I found a bug :(

And finally: wrong grammar/syntax. It should be:
"Stadt des Lichts (Themenbonus für Meisterwerke in der Hauptstadt verdoppelt)".

Both brackets are correct, there is no need for a change.

Top Bottom