[Bug] Independent ship conquered a defended system

Winter Warrior

Chieftain
It ignored the defender and conquered it without a fight. Now, I can't reclaim it, even though I've tried exiting the game and reloading the save. I also left it alone until it got pacified (the rioting ended) and tried to conquer it, nothing.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

That's one of my ships, sitting on top of one of my former systems.

Edit: Aaaaaand it happened again. Like the defender weren't even there. The previous colony got captured by an AI empire, the one that I couldn't retake. Guess I'll stop playing the mod until this is fixed, it's a gamebreaker for me.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Are those ships cloaked? Cloaked ships cannot defend systems or attack enemies (except the Bird of Prey and the Scimitar, who can attack). Prior to the 3.25 patch there was a bug where units would not lose invisibility (and thus the ability to defend and attack normally) when decloaking.

EDIT: I just looked at the save you posted in the other thread and I think you're using 3.11 or earlier, since I got a CTD when a loaded it.

Are those ships cloaked? Cloaked ships cannot defend systems or attack enemies (except the Bird of Prey and the Scimitar, who can attack). Prior to the 3.25 patch there was a bug where units would not lose invisibility (and thus the ability to defend and attack normally) when decloaking.

EDIT: I just looked at the save you posted in the other thread and I think you're using 3.11 or earlier, since I got a CTD when a loaded it.

I'm positive that I have the version 3.25 installed. You might be right about the cloaking thing, I have to keep a close eye on cloaked vessels. I'll reload to see if I'm trying to attack with a cloaked vessel.

Top Bottom