Bug: King has not ships, no victory

chongo79

Chieftain
I heard about winning the game by destroying all the King's warships, so I did(by building lots of Ships of the Line, and using privateers with skirmisher promotions).

Well, 15 turns later, and the revolution advisor confirms 0 Warships, but plenty of REF troops, and still no victory.

The king apparently landed 3 units way out in the middle of nowhere. Far past the northern limit of my colonies. [After all, it took them 15 turns to make it to the visible area].

So I guess my request would be fix the AI. I've seen the king do a similar trick in a "smart" way (landing on the west cost to surprise my poorly defended inland cities), but this route would still force him to go through a well defended coastal city.

I also read the "guide to posting bugs" after posting a bug. (sorry), and attached the save file.

Attachments

• steve - after last ship sunk.ColonizationSave
    190.5 KB · Views: 125
The king apparently landed 3 units way out in the middle of nowhere. Far past the northern limit of my colonies. [After all, it took them 15 turns to make it to the visible area].

So I guess my request would be fix the AI. I've seen the king do a similar trick in a "smart" way (landing on the west cost to surprise my poorly defended inland cities), but this route would still force him to go through a well defended coastal city.

I also read the "guide to posting bugs" after posting a bug. (sorry), and attached the save file.

1. Where are these three units out in the middle of nowhere?

2. I agree you should have won.

3. I was searching for the three units when the game announced I had won an Independence Victory (in 1770AD) :confused:

The last of the REF are up to the North. Make dragoons in my northermost city (Penobscot?), and you should find them in 2-3 turns.

I also think the AI had no interest in sending those units south (since they were hugely outnumbered). I would not have found them if I hadn't gotten bored and decided to conqure all the natives.

Top Bottom