1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug: King has not ships, no victory

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - Bug Reports' started by chongo79, Nov 5, 2008.

1. chongo79

chongo79 Chieftain

I heard about winning the game by destroying all the King's warships, so I did(by building lots of Ships of the Line, and using privateers with skirmisher promotions).

Well, 15 turns later, and the revolution advisor confirms 0 Warships, but plenty of REF troops, and still no victory.

2. chongo79

chongo79 Chieftain

The king apparently landed 3 units way out in the middle of nowhere. Far past the northern limit of my colonies. [After all, it took them 15 turns to make it to the visible area].

So I guess my request would be fix the AI. I've seen the king do a similar trick in a "smart" way (landing on the west cost to surprise my poorly defended inland cities), but this route would still force him to go through a well defended coastal city.

I also read the "guide to posting bugs" after posting a bug. (sorry), and attached the save file.

Attached Files:

3. glee

glee Chieftain

1. Where are these three units out in the middle of nowhere?

2. I agree you should have won.

3. I was searching for the three units when the game announced I had won an Independence Victory (in 1770AD) :confused:

4. chongo79

chongo79 Chieftain

The last of the REF are up to the North. Make dragoons in my northermost city (Penobscot?), and you should find them in 2-3 turns.

I also think the AI had no interest in sending those units south (since they were hugely outnumbered). I would not have found them if I hadn't gotten bored and decided to conqure all the natives.