Bug - No Interface

downed

Chieftain
Hello, I have installed GEM but i have the problem that no interface is displayed. Anyone got a clue how i can fix this?

Make sure you download the most recent GEM with RevDCM and make sure you DO NOT change the folder name from Giant Earth Map.

RevDCM includes BUG and BetterAI plus some other really cool features, but requires the folder name path be set up in python and therefore needs to keep its mod folder name.

I had newest GEM and newest BUG (stable 4.0) downloaded today
I did:
- installed GEM (extraced to MODS)
- AIAutoPlay.py and ChangePlayer.py taken from GEM to CustomAssets/Python/Contrib/.
- taken out Python folder from <GEM>/Assets/
- create a new text file called Giant Earth Map.xml in CustomAssets/Config/. containing:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>
<mod id="Giant Earth Map" 
	 name="Giant Earth Map" 
	 url="http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=245">

<events module="AIAutoPlay" />
	<events module="ChangePlayer" />
</mod>
- copied CustomAssets/Config/init.xml to CustomAssets/Config/init.xml.old
- added: <load mod="Giant Earth Map"/> to the init.xml

I did, I installed GEM by extracting it to BTS/MODS
then I installed BUG (Custom Assets)

when I run civ 4 normally then I have BUG and all is working fine
when I run civ 4 + GEM then I have BUG (I think) but no GUI

I had the same problem with RoM (contains BUG) but it was because i changed the Rise of Mankind Folder to Rise of Mankind 2.8. The slightest change to the mod folder name can cause it.

you don't need BUG installed separately, and having it separatly may cause problems. I would uninstall BUG and the just extract the downloaded GEM zip straight to your mods directory.

I am having this same problem.

One thing I was wondering is if I install BUG as a "Standalone mod" does that mean I can still play my other games that I have saved and use BUG? I installd BUG in the Custom Assets folder but of course I guess I need to install it as a standalone mod. But I don't want to uninstall without making sure it will affect my previous games.

Top Bottom