BUG no interface

ElectricSweter

Chieftain
Hey all,

After playing civ for 2 years I decided it was time to try an add-on to speed up my games and downloaded BUG. I installed BUG 4.4 via the .exe file. I am running on windows 7 and Civ IV BtS v.3.19.

When I start a new game it takes me to the technology advisor instantly, but only the religious techs are displayed. Once I exit out of that advisor it take me to the starting map, but without any interface. The interesting thing is that if I alt+ tab away then the interface returns, but the tech advisor is still broken.

Here are the logs:
Spoiler :

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "BugUtil", line 691, in <lambda>

File "BugEventManager", line 570, in preGameStart

File "CvAppInterface", line 70, in preGameStart

File "CvScreensInterface", line 83, in showTechChooser

File "CvTechChooser", line 231, in interfaceScreen

File "CvTechChooser", line 243, in ConstructTabs

File "CvTechChooser", line 280, in DrawTechChooser

File "CvTechChooser", line 368, in placeTechs

File "CvTechChooser", line 396, in addIconsToTechPanel

AttributeError: 'CyPlayer' object has no attribute 'getUnitButton'
ERR: Python function preGameStart failed, module CvAppInterface

I would post the Python.dbg, but the text is too long to fit here.

Thanks for your help!

Have you updated to v3.19?

Can you please post a screen shot after going to ADVANCED : ABOUT THIS BUILD from the main BTS menu?

Do you have any other mods installed?

Do you have the normal Civ4 + BTS discs or a Complete / Gold version that packages them all together?

Thanks for responding EmperorFool, I'm running BtS from the Civ IV Gold edition. Rather than host an image I'll just type the info here:

civ version: 303
save version: 300
Build version: 3.0.3.1 (77541)
Build Date: Wed, Aug 08 15:01:07 2007
Build: FINAL RELEASE
Mod Name: None

Just in case the problem remains see here.
I had exactly the same problem when loading mods, and I was patched. Just required altering the files a bit.

Funny, I was just about to post about this issue too. I also don't get the interface unless I alt tab, but also found out that even though I was 1000% positive that I had updated the game, indeed checking showed that I was not. In the process of updating now, so hopefully the interface will come back like it should normally be.

I also found problems of trying to change what my city is building. I normally just click on my citys name banner and am shown the options in the interface below, but now with BUG mod installed nothing appears there. I guess I should also attribute this to the game not being updated. Will post back if it remains the same after updating.

You can still modify your city's build queue that way, so it's definitely related to being outdated. Let us know what happens after the update.

Hi EmperorFool,

Yes, the game not being updated to the most recent version was indeed the problem with the city's build queue. Now that it's updated the interface started right away, and the city's queue is as it's always been prior to installing BUG.

Kudos.

I just bought Civ4 the Complete Edition off of Steam, I also run a mac. I loaded the BUG 4.4 mod, I double checked my patch in the About this Build and I am indeed at 3.19. Despite all this, after running the BUG mod, I am getting the empty tech screen after every game loads, and I have no interface whatsoever. Please help.

I just bought Civ4 the Complete Edition off of Steam, I also run a mac. I loaded the BUG 4.4 mod, I double checked my patch in the About this Build and I am indeed at 3.19. Despite all this, after running the BUG mod, I am getting the empty tech screen after every game loads, and I have no interface whatsoever. Please help.

BUG for the Mac requires a quick fix that I sadly haven't had a chance to release as a package yet. It's very easy and you just need SimpleText to do it. Let us know if you have any trouble.

Top Bottom