BUG No Settlers when game starts, you don't want this

MenagerieAU

Chieftain
BUG I bought Civ VI through Steam and its been fine until latest Australia patch. Since the latest patch, all games start with no units and can't choose tech or culture. No mods installed. The game is totally unplayable. I've done the standard Steam things like uninstalling, rebooting and then reinstalling. Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix?

I'm also getting this error.

It seems linked to the Australian civ, as I as able to successfully start a game as Germany, even though that then crashed too.

Symptoms are:

Game starts without any units
Unable to select science
Unable to select culture
Mini map is visible and can be dragged about.
Turn time begins counting in top right.
Both times I've tried leaving the turn timer to count onwards, reached about turn 300 iirc, the game has crashed to desktop.

Solutions tried.

Reinstalling graphics card
Deleting game, rebooting system, reinstalling game.
Deselecting mods.

Please send help!! I'm not an idiot, but not that savvy either. Is there a way to link in firaxis assistance?

FYI, I've raised to 2k support as well:

2K Support Request Received: Showstopper issue/bug (#2239209)

FYI, I've raised to 2k support as well:

2K Support Request Received: Showstopper issue/bug (#2239209)
Hi, I fixed it by uninstalling through Steam and then deleting all saved games and all files under ...\Documents\My Games\Civilization VI, rebooting and then reinstalling.

I'm having the same issue. Game was working fine. Then I didn't play for several months. Went to play again, and have this start happening. And when I load a saved game, the whole thing crashes.

I should also point out, that I had no community mods installed or subscribed. In fact I had never subscribed to any community Mods for Civ 6. The only DLC I had installed was all the official DLC from the Deluxe Edition and any other Official stuff 2K gave us.

And just to be clear I tried all of these things already, but am trying them again as I edit this post to indicate this.

Last edited:
Anyone?

Just realized, that the issue is only on one of my computers. It works just fine on one of my 2 computers.

Top Bottom