1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

[BUG?] Old faithful is a mountin

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Bug Reports' started by SerriaFox, Oct 2, 2010.

1. SerriaFox

SerriaFox Chieftain

I just discovered old faithful allows the construction of an observatory, does it work for all special features?

2. Mercade

Mercade the Counsellor

Can you post a screenshot and/or save game of this happening?

The natural wonders should be impassable, and I'd say you don't want to construct your observatory on top of a geyser. Based on what you say, possibly it just checks whether it's a mountain field without checking whether it's a natural wonder, which would be a nono.

3. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

That should be hill ofcourse. Perhaps the observatory is meant to observe the geyser?:mischief:

The real question is why it´s listed as a Natural Wonder (and not, say, the Grand Canyon). And if you put Krakatoa as a natural wonder, why not Mt Helens? (I´m sure the witnesses to the eruption of both were marvelling at this ´natural wonder´...) :eek:

4. meatsounds

meatsounds Chieftain

Krakatoa is probably in there to have another naval natural wonder to join the Great Barrier Reef and the Rock of Gibraltar.

5. SerriaFox

SerriaFox Chieftain

Ok I added the autosave. If you check out Cologne you will see it has an observatory but no mountains

Attached Files:

6. MarkJohnson

MarkJohnson Chieftain

Actually, Old Faithful is located in a mountain. Or do you mean natural wonders count as no terrain type? Or as all terrain types?

7. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

I see... well, the Great Barrier Reef isn´t mountainous.

Could´ve picked Mount Everest. Anywho, black smokers´d be more of a natural wonder than Krakatoa IMO (but ofcourse they´re harder to see...).

Also, the Great Barrier Reef is only 2 tiles.