Bug or quiet change in the Maya UA?

Melchizedek

Prince
I popped writing from a ruin on Immortal while playing with the Maya, so i decided to go ahead and beeline Theology for the turn-72 GP. After some micromanagement to optimize library completion and growth, I managed to finish Theology on turn 71, and the Baktun counter started. The next turn, the Baktun changed over from 4 to 5, but I received no GP!

I played on to turn 86, and it worked fine. I also tried closing down the game and reloading the turn-70 autosave. Still nothing.

Has anyone had this problem when playing the Maya before?

Thanks.

(Sorry if this should go in the bugs forum, but my game is running fine otherwise, I'm not using any mods, and I think this would be of general interest if it was changed intentionally.)

Not necessarily a bug, but certainly obscure. You have to finish Theology two turns before the baktun is supposed to start -- that means turn 70 for the turn 72 baktun.

No telling. Probably some sort of check that you had Theology at the start of the prior turn, rather that researching it on the prior turn, ... or some such.

The same holds true for Diplomatic Victory votes. I used a GS to bulb my way into the Information Age one turn before the vote for a UN resolution. The next turn was the vote and there was no splash screen for reelecting the leader for the new era. A turn after the vote I was prompted to pick the next resolution starting the counter over again. One turn after that, the screen came up with the new vote value for Information Age and with an election for the new UN leader. I had to wait 25 turns for another resolution to pass before getting the option to win a World Leader vote. Just like the Mayan UA, this game mechanic requires you to reach the required tech (era) two turns before.

A major unit of the Mayan calendar

See the wikipedia article
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baktun

Note that this "feature" for Maya needing to discover Theology 2 turns early has been in the same since the G&K CD.

Thank you !

First I thought about a military unit, but after reading your link I understood. :D

Didn't know that Maya had that.

Top Bottom