Bug problem with Warp Gate?

kipwheeler

Warlord
I've seen previous "Not a bug" responses to folks who had trouble getting the game to build Warp Gates. I don't think what's happening to me is the same thing.

I've had several games in which I've had to switch to Domination victories because for some reason I've been unable to build Warp Gates (sometimes for Supremacy sometimes for Purity). The current game I'm playing seems to be having this issue as well. Here are the details....

(1) Do I have 13 Purity and 13 Supremacy? (Yes. 18 in one and 16 in the other).
(2) Have I launched a Lasercom Satellite? (Yes. I have actually launched two, and both have gone through their 40 turns of orbit and expired.)
(3) Does my "Victories" Log show that I've launched Lasercom Sats? (Yes. Under "Emancipation" Victory Log it read, "(1 Launched)" and the text states, "Finally, after all these years, we have regained contact .... etc.)
Likewise, under the "Promised Land" Victory log it shows that I've launched Lasercom Sat, and it reads, "(1 Launched)" and the text states, "Finally, after all these years, we have regained contact.... We must begin production on a Warp Gate--a massive planetary Wonder that will allow us to transfer our brethren from Earth to here."
(4) Have I researched Nanotechnology for the Exodus Gate? (Yes).
(5) Have I researched Hypercomputing for the Emancipation Gate? (Yes.)

FYI, I'm playing on a Macintosh. Way back when the game first came out, I had a similar problem, but the first patch from Firaxis seemed to fix it. Now the problem has reappeared. I'm also currently playing with various mods, but they are the same mods I've been using for months without this problem. Some have suggested that I simply need to wait longer and the option to build the gate will eventually appear--but I've waited 90 turns and it still hasn't shown up.

Top Bottom