Bug Report

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Realism Invictus' started by Houman, Sep 10, 2006.

1. JahtheIII

JahtheIII Chieftain

I played around a little with the savegame I sent to you guys.

At 30 AD, the bug only happens when opening the screen with Cyrus.(tried trading with every other Civ at that time with no problem) So I kept playing on, and some number of turns later, the "bug" had spread to the French.

Good Luck, don't worry, there is light at the end of the tunnel, and no it's NOT a train!:)

2. Anaztazioch

Anaztazioch Hit in the head too much

I had this bug whith Mehmed II, Korea, Saldain, Cyrus (cyrus is most often), Shaka.

I hecked it whith my save. Cleared all resources from map, played few turns till it autosaves, loaded autosave and still crash. So i dont think its resources fault... but i can mist one.

I might also check if its Warlords fault. Try and play it till it crashes.

3. Anaztazioch

As Mongols. Vanilla Warlords. 1818ad building Statue of Liberty in Karakorum. No CTD so far, game goes 10 times faster than WTR (10 times shorter waiting for turn).

And a bug in WTR.
    When you got buddism, Korea has disposition for you having their favorite religion. Well the name goes >TXT_KEY_FAVORITE_RELIGION or something similar.

Also Korea "galley" has TXT_KEY_UNIT_GALLEY name. I belive this are a cosmetic fixes.

4. WarKirby

WarKirby Arty person

CTd during diplomacy with Ghandi. Just selected trade offers and it crashed.

WarKirby

5. Mexico

Mexico TR senior programmer

plase send me savegames with doplomacy CTD to beta.totalrealism(at)gmail.com
    now i have only one game, i need more for comparing and testing

6. Anaztazioch

As soon as i finish my Warlords game, im gonna play WTR WM and send you another save.
    You want me to play a same civ on same difficulaty as the other save ?

PS: have you seen this ? http://kael.civfanatics.net/images/CW-3.jpg
    Genareal Discution have this

7. WarKirby

WarKirby Arty person

@Mexico: The problem with sending saves is that the CTD only occurs once, and upon retrying the same thing it works fine. Would the saves really help in this case?

Also, not sure if this is a bug or not, but in Warlords TR beta 2, the vassal states option does not appear in hotseat multiplayer. Works fine in singleplayer though.

WarKirby

8. Anaztazioch

@ WarKirby

Its not a bug. You cant be a vassal, or atleats offer becoming one. Thats why it doesnt work in hotseat, to dont make one player become vassal of another player.

And my save games crashes constantly after i reload and start trading whith the same person i was.

9. WarKirby

WarKirby Arty person

You can't be a vassal? Why?

I see no problem with how it would work.

Also, I found what I believe is a bug. Judaism is supposed to be restricted to it's founder, right?

In my current game, half the nations of the world (about 6) are Jewish.

Surely this is wrong?

WarKirby

10. Mexico

about vassal in hotseat - not tested, i never played this (ever in pure warlords)
    judaism: after disscussions in form, houman decide to not resrtrict any religion - so now all religion can be spreaded everywhere
    if you like previous system (like me :) ) you can set this in ReligionMod.ini file (under Total Realim directory). you need set variable Local Religion (which is empty ). also you can set Dominant religion (if you wont dominat religion functionality as before)

@all
    Diplomacy related CTD:
    there is some problem with debugging this stuff: in python, there is no problem - but from python is called C++ functions, which is not defined in SDK, but is hardcoded in main exe file- and all by test points to this functions
    interesting feature is, that in my tested games i never got this - but i am playing only on standrad map because of my comp
    and another issue: it's look like problem is with favorite religion : on game which i have, game crashed, when you trying contact cyrus with have adopted zoroastrianism (his fav religion) . when i was set christianity to victoria (via WB), victoria convert (her fav. religion) and then i tried trade with her - CTD !
    but when i tested this in my own game (standard map, 6 civ) -> never got CTD. I was studying favroite religion mod, but not found any problem

my question for all CTD affected players: leader, which caused CTD in diplmacy - which religion he has adopted? it is his fsav. religion? and is he founder of that?

11. WarKirby

WarKirby Arty person

Come to think of it, Ghandi had founded Hinduism. That may be the problem

WarKirby

12. Anaztazioch

@ WarKirby

Ghandi didnt found Hinduis... it was fiunded in early bc :lol:

@ Mexico

I allready said it. I CTD in diplomacy when trading whith Wang Kon who was buddist as me. But instead of having something like "+2 you have our favorite religion" in disposition window, he had TXT_KEY_FAVORITE_RELIGON_BUDDISM. Maybe fixing this fixes the CTD ? Doubt it is that "simple" but who knows.
    Also i Buddist had CTD when trading whith Zoroastrian Cyrus. I was not his favorite religion. But Turkey was Zoroastrian. Maybe Cyrus had +disposition for favorite religion whith Mehmet II and that coused CTD.

I will play WTR standard map vs 6. fractal, temperate.

13. crismac

crismac Warlord

Mexico,I just sent you a save game of my ctd when trying to trade with Cyrus.He is the only one I have had a problem with so far.Hope this helps.

14. Mexico

fixing missing TXT_KEY_... don't help (tested - i hope for this bug too :( )

but cyrus has zoroastrianism - his fav religion
    it's look like problem is, if you(player), regarding of your religion, trying trade with leader, which have HIS favorite religion adpoted - now question: this leader is also founder of religion? or only has adopted?

standard map..hmm, ok -> so # of civ is not relevant

problem is, that this diplomacy screen generation is hardcoded and can't be debugged :(

another question: if you have this CTD, and wait some time - problem remain? or it is turn-depend (ie later in game is working fine..)

15. Anaztazioch

It does not depend of turn. I sometimes tried to wait like 10 turns, still have CTD, but this time Wank Kon joined Ghandi in CTD...

I also tried to adopt non-state and trade, still CTD. Now im playing WTR on standard map vs 5 AI + barb. Turns fly in the blink of an eye.
    Gonna try this. Will give favorite religion to the ones that want it. Check if it doesnt crash. Than try giving them also Holy City. If it doesnt crash alos, i will build up an Holy Shrine. If also no CTD, will try and spam only one religion (exept me) and will see if it still crashes.

Will post here my save game as i forgot my e-mail password... dont laught it was my 34th account...

Also you might post your save game. Saying that you dont have CTD after a cupple of turn i want to see it.

16. Anaztazioch

17. Anaztazioch

Hmmm

Tiny Gengis(me), Wang Kon, Bismark.
    I had Holy city of Buddism, Wang Kon had 2 cities whith buddism, Bismark was Hinduism and had 2 buddist cities.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/89892/AutoSave_BC-2440.CivWarlordsSave

Thats when it 1st occured.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/89892/Anaztaziochs.CivWarlordsSave
    Same game 6[?] turns later. Bismark converted to Buddism, game doesnt crash whith him. Wang Kon how ever couses crash, he has Holy Shrine, I got Holy City.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/89892/anaztaziochs2.CivWarlordsSave
    2 turns later. Gave Wang Kon Holy City status to Holy Shrine city. Still Bismark doesnt crash, Wang Kon do.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/89892/anaztaziochs3.CivWarlordsSave
    2 turns later, erazed Holy Shrine from Seoul, nothing changed.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/89892/anaztazioch4.CivWarlordsSave
    2 turns later, erazed all opther religions than buddism, no chnage.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/89892/anaztazioch5.CivWarlordsSave
    1 or 2 turns later. Erazed all Buddism states in Korea, gave em 3rd city, spread Islam in all, gave him Islam holy city. CTD "fixed".

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/89892/anaztazioch6.CivWarlordsSave
    5 or 6 turnsa later. Erased Bismarks all Buddist states, gave him Cristianity and Holy City as wella s 3rd city. Now i Crash whith Bismark.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/89892/anaztazioch7.CivWarlordsSave
    2 turns later. Erazed Holy City status from Bismark. No help. 3 more saves to go.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/89892/Szymon_BC-1870.CivWarlordsSave
    like 20 turns later. F*** Bismark didnt want to convert to Hinduism. Now no one exept me has favorite religion (Bismark had Cristianity i Buddism, so its not that i have his favorite, it is HE HAS HIS favorite). 2 more.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/89892/anaztazioch9.CivWarlordsSave
    lots of tunrs later. Gave both Wang Kon and Bismark their own favorite religions. Since Holy Cities/Shrines dont affect this, i also gave em those. Now crashing whith them both. Last save.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/89892/anaztazioch10.CivWarlordsSave
    10+ turns later. Erazed all religion states and religion building (shrines/temples/monastarys/cathedrals), but Wang Kon and Bismark left Buddist and Christian. I went non-state. Crash with them both.

So it seems that this having favorite religion our selves is the pain, regardless of founder/shrines/buildings/holy city. Maybe religion mod implanted into WTR is not compatibile with Warlords ?
    If you run out of ideas, you can at least "eraze" favorite religion from WTR.

18. Anaztazioch

Playing WTR custom huge map full civs in deity :) (give my self 4-6 cities unimproved and all possible resources, great prophet in all citys +2 warlords, to make it a bit "ballanced game")

Also i shall put ALL possible religions whith holy cities than erase them, making no religion in game, and no CTD via favorite religion. Wonder if i come across any other bug/CTD.

19. Houman

Houman TR Team Leader

Thanks Anaztazioch for your efforts. I hope Mexico can nail the porblem down with these savegames. :)

20. WarKirby

WarKirby Arty person

The name is missing for the Urban Combat promo. In it's place it just says TXT_KEY_PROMOTION_URBAN_COMBAT

This is an incredibly common bug. What causes it?

WarKirby