Gazebo

Lord of the Community Patch
Supporter
Bugs Reports - Please Read!

Official Bug Report Page: Github Issues Page

How to Report Issues on Github
Please follow the steps at this link:

How to Create an Issue on Github

Please note that Github requires a user account. These accounts are free to create, and Github is a reputable development site.​

Common Bugs and Issues

• I have problem X. Help! Please note that you can search through all issues - resolved and unresolved - on Github. On the Issues page, use the Filters bar to look for your issue. You can swap between 'Open' and 'Closed' to see if your issue is already resolved, and how to resolve it.
  • My interface is broken!: The most common cause of this is a bad EUI install. EUI installs into the DLC folder of your Civ 5 game. If you have moved Civ out of its default directory, this can happen. Please make sure that EUI is in your DLC folder before you post a bug report.
  • My interface is still broken, and EUI is installed correctly!: You probably have a mod conflict. Custom civilizations often install unique unit info panels or city view interfaces. Check for compatibility with custom civilizations.
  • My game crashes immediately upon launch! Make sure your copy of Civilization 5 is up to date (.279 is latest - see bottom of screen in Civ 5 main menu). Also make sure your mod list is compatible with the Community Patch. You cannot, for example, use two mods with a DLL. Please test your setup with just the mods from the Community Patch Project before. If it still crashes immediately, you have found a bug. Otherwise, it is a mod conflict.
  • My game is really slow, or it crashes during a turn in the late game!: Bugs happen. Try reloading the game a few turns earlier. Also, please note that the Community Patch is slightly more CPU and memory-intensive than vanilla Civ 5, so if your computer is at minimum spec, it could cause issues.

Bug Reports Guidelines:

If you encounter a problem with the Community Patch, and it is not resolved by a solution above, please inform us. To make this process useful to us, I have created a template on Github that makes this easy. All you need to do is follow that template. If the template does not work for you, please follow these instructions.

• Source: Before posting about bugs, please note that, do to the many variables introduced by mods, it is very difficult and/or impossible for us to diagnose a bug if you are running other mods in addition to the Community Patch and its recommended list of mods (see the 'How to Install' thread). If you are absolutely certain that the Community Patch is causing the bug, let us know. If you have a hunch that it is the Community Patch, let us know as well, but note what mods you are using.
  • Description:Please do not just post a generic 'there was a crash on Turn 23 plsfix thx' issue - that is not terribly useful. Let us know what you were doing, post screenshots, etc. The more descriptive you are, the easier it is for us to find the problem.
  • Understanding: We are human, and bugs are a natural part of any mod's life-cycle. Please do not spam demands for fixes - one issue is enough, unless we ask for more information. Also, do not be impatient or angry. We are not professional game developers, and our time is split between modding and real life. We will do what we can, when we can.
  • Logging: Make sure logging is enabled and that you've checked the logs for anything obvious that may help.
  • Essential Information: If you encounter a bug, please make a post using the Github link above, along with the following:

1. Savegame (if applicable)
    2. Information on crash/bug
    3. Images (if needed)
    4. Minidump file (if the game crashed, this file will be in the same folder as your Civ5 exe)
    5. Steps to repeat issue
    6. Modlist (if using mods outside of the Community Patch Project set)

If you make a bug report on CivFanatics, it will go ignored.
Please help us keep the forum organized - only post bug reports to Github!

Last edited by a moderator:
I did several changes to my installation by manually altering game files (for example changing the min. distance between cities or unit strength/promotions).
Do you want bug reports for generic freezes during the AI turn from such an installation?

I can't seem to submit a new issue; the submit button is grayed out.

I notice massive bug in community patch v89
when I finish research of Guilds which should give producing option focus Gold, it does nit give it, also I cannot see the new wonders listed as available.
This is replicateable. When I use Ingame Editor and set this research back, then all waorks fine, as soon as I have this research done, it is back. no Gold focus, no wonders.

I notice massive bug in community patch v89
when I finish research of Guilds which should give producing option focus Gold, it does nit give it, also I cannot see the new wonders listed as available.
This is replicateable. When I use Ingame Editor and set this research back, then all waorks fine, as soon as I have this research done, it is back. no Gold focus, no wonders.
You can make a bug report here: https://github.com/LoneGazebo/Community-Patch-DLL/issues
Otherwise, chances are that none of the devs will read it here, or remember it while coding.

@Gazebo: Is there any way these requirements can get added to the "Bug Reports" sticky? Should I just make a post in that thread with this information?

From what I understand, to get AI logs (not necessarily any other debug information), the following variables must be in place:
Code:
; Enable message logging
MessageLog = 1
; Enable AI logging
AILog = 1
; Enable AI performance logging
AIPerfLog = 1
; Enable Builder AI logging
BuilderAILog = 1
; Split AI Logging into separate files for each Player & City
PlayerAndCityAILogSplit = 1
; Enable the logging system
LoggingEnabled = 1

Figured I might as well post this here too. I've been having a issue where the cities of other Civ's are losing their buildings and wonders. For example, in this game I just tried, Alexander built the Lascaux Caves in Athens, but only a little while later I was able to build it in my own. This sort of thing happens pretty often and doesn't seem to be restricted to any wonder.

Github Link

This has only recently been happening, about a month or so, roughly around the time of the last update and the current one. It could be one of the mods, but who knows. I just want to be able to play VP again without the AI's progress getting wiped every few turns.

Figured I might as well post this here too. I've been having a issue where the cities of other Civ's are losing their buildings and wonders. For example, in this game I just tried, Alexander built the Lascaux Caves in Athens, but only a little while later I was able to build it in my own. This sort of thing happens pretty often and doesn't seem to be restricted to any wonder.

Github Link

This has only recently been happening, about a month or so, roughly around the time of the last update and the current one. It could be one of the mods, but who knows. I just want to be able to play VP again without the AI's progress getting wiped every few turns.

Why post this here? Please don't spam issues.

G

The deal history screen is bugged. the contents of the deals between you and other civs are always empty. This is a bug with the community patch only. The vanilla version works.
Go have a look yourself you will see when you make deals with other civs the details are not recorded in this screen. This is a problem with the community core patch itself I haven't tested with the full patch Vox.Populi.3.7.8.

Thanks
Shaun

The deal history screen is bugged. the contents of the deals between you and other civs are always empty. This is a bug with the community patch only. The vanilla version works.
Go have a look yourself you will see when you make deals with other civs the details are not recorded in this screen. This is a problem with the community core patch itself I haven't tested with the full patch Vox.Populi.3.7.8.

Thanks
Shaun
Please read the original post.

Except for things like Graphic Definition, the game doesn't change. They don't change the abilities, nor the policies, and the UI is weird. And it's the only mod I installed.
And I have the game in English.
I didn't get it from Steam, but from a page. Do you think that is the problem?

Attachments

• horsehocky horsehocky.png
    horsehocky horsehocky.png
    220 KB · Views: 21
  • Sid Meier's Civilization V (DX11) 3_08_2023 23_04_32.png
    Sid Meier's Civilization V (DX11) 3_08_2023 23_04_32.png
    3 MB · Views: 18
  • Sid Meier's Civilization V (DX11) 3_08_2023 23_04_47.png
    Sid Meier's Civilization V (DX11) 3_08_2023 23_04_47.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 19
Last edited:
You should get the automatic installer, you find it in the "Version 3.x.x" thread. It does everything for you.

Wow, just checked in details and looks like EUI did a not good install.
EUI is a graphic improvement considered by the game as a DLC.
If you choose to install without EUI, look in your DLC folder and remove it from there.
If you choose to install with EUI, look for it and move the folder in your DLC folder.

I can't tell you precisely where it is, I don't have my gaming pc with me right now.

I have tried both automatic and manual installation, I have checked the location of the folders, nothing seems out of the ordinary. I have the necessary version, the DLC's, etc. And as I mentioned, it's not just the UI, it doesn't apply any balance changes either. I'm going to end up testing if downloading the game from another page helps and, if it's not the case, I'll just have to save money to see if buying on steam will allow me to finally enjoy the mod.

Seems like a stupid question, because the screen looks like you have EUI but not the mod : did you enact the mod, in the mod menu ? You should have a collection of 4-5 mods starting each with a number in parenthesis. Could you show me the mod menu ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom