1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Reports and Technical Issues

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Leoreth, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Strijder21

Strijder21 Chieftain

Slave Plantation's unhappiness seems to be counted twice (New Orleans).

I checked the Improvement XML file and it says -1 there. Not sure what could be the problem.

Attached Files:

2. Leoreth

Leoreth Vampire of the Blue Moon Moderator

If you have sdkDebug.log, please upload it as well (My Games/Beyond the Sword/Logs).

3. Strijder21

Strijder21 Chieftain

Nope, sorry. Nothing there.

4. mcmoor

mcmoor Chieftain

Follow up from my last question, now everytime I play RFC DoC with any game, it will crash eventually. My computer usually can run mods like RevolutionDCM with gigantic map, History Rewritten, or Realism Invictus with maybe a little bit slow performance but it will still be running. Here I assigned my latest game with the log and error screenshot. Do you know the general idea how to fix it if the error is, as you said, in my computer? Thank you.

Attached Files:

5. mcmoor

mcmoor Chieftain

Oh, and I already tried the solution in the Forum Thread Index which increase memory to 4 GB. Well, first it works. But then it crashes once and after that every single game I played will have no interfaces at all in the game. And games started in 3000 BC will have "You have been defeated" screen right at the start of the game and the game will end right there.

Attached Files:

6. Leoreth

Please enable logging for the future, see the first post in the bug reports thread.

Do you have graphics paging enabled?

7. mcmoor

mcmoor Chieftain

Pag
    What is graphics paging and how should I check it?

8. Leoreth

If you open the BUG settings, there should be a check box that says something like "Graphics Paging Enabled". Unfortunately I can't check right now in which tab. If it is enabled, try disabling it.

9. mcmoor

mcmoor Chieftain

MMM, sorry. I can't find it. But even if I find it, how do I change it for my games? As I said before, in my games, either it will crash from the start or it will start with no interface in it. I can't even access the default option (press Esc -> Options).

Oh, and I search for the graphic paging BUG options from loading my normal games and checking the bUG options one by one.

10. Leoreth

You said it will "crash eventually", can you not even start a game?

11. mcmoor

mcmoor Chieftain

Ok, sorry for the confusion. The timeline is like this.

First, I can play DoC normally without any modifications and it will crash eventually. I asked it before and I implemented your advice that is to expand the memory with certain tools.
    The game runs perfectly and then after few pleasant turns it crashes. When I tried to start it again, the interface is nowhere. When I tried to start a new game, it will be the same. Stranger case happen when I tried to start from 3000 BC, when it will just over at once (saying "You have been defeated!!!" Right at the beginning of the game.)

There you go, should I upload something to help you for this?

12. Leoreth

Yes. Please enable logging and Python exceptions. I need PythonErr.log.

13. mcmoor

mcmoor Chieftain

]
    Well... I think I already provided it with approximately 8 replies ago. Please check it out!

14. Leoreth

Oh, I must have skipped over your attachments for that post. The forum doesn't let me download files right now, but I'll give it a look later.

15. Vekkimaster

Vekkimaster Warlord

Right, tried the "new" gitversion of 1.14 with a new tech tree etc. Can't say too much yet, but within my 2 games 3000bc epic/monarch China is really killing it. They eather builds the Pyramids or Parthenon or something else Mediterranean like cirka 1500-400bc:shifty:.

Also HRE had the reformation by the year 1345ad. Buddhism was founded 250ad..

But like said, I have not yet enough playtime to say what is what. Just wanted to point those three things out :)

Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
  16. Hardner

Hardner Emperor

Just downloaded it and it doesn't work on german version. Loading takes 5 mins and then there are no buttons and no text. Fiddled my way through the invisible but clickable buttons to start a game to get a blank error message.

17. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

The mod only works in English.

Hardner and ales_ like this.
  18. Hardner

Hardner Emperor

Thanks! Good to know. Btw is it possible to switch the language without a new or another install?

19. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

You can select the language in the option menu.

Hardner likes this.
  20. Leoreth

The only explanation I could see from your logs is that at least one Python file is missing. Have you already tried a reinstall?