1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Reports and Technical Issues

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Leoreth, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Nyayr

Nyayr Prince

Played with the greeks, discovered the tech that gives orthordoxy didn't found religion, 10 or so turns later someone else did... Now same with Islam, again no holy city... Is something wrong? Or are the greeks banned from founding religions?

Attached Files:

Leoreth likes this.
  2. ales_

ales_ Heir

I've downloaded the 1.15 version. The game crashes to desktop when you try to exit to the main menu.

3. Nyayr

Nyayr Prince

You might want to check the FAQ at page 1 of this thread. Also you need to play as administrator and have patch 3.19.

ales_ likes this.
  4. Steb

Steb King

Note that this may be intended behavior, as GP names from other eras (generally later eras) are put in the list of available names if there are not enough in the current era. How many is enough depends on the era.

5. Leoreth

Leoreth Prince of Blood Moderator

Right. That's why I wanted to check in the save what the actual situation was in these cases.

6. brett0007

brett0007 Warlord

Do you still need a save game, Rothschild just spawn in 1415

7. Leoreth

Yes please.

8. brett0007

brett0007 Warlord

Seems auto saves overwrote it but I reproduced it with the same results this time with the equally anachronistic Johann Gossler

Attached Files:

9. Leoreth

Thanks.

10. Doodleskris

Doodleskris Chieftain

Hi!

I Keep running into a CTD while ending my turn in this 1700 AD America game. This is a post-victory game, and the first time around that it happened I had all the submodules for DoC installed, but reverting to a DoC without them didn't fix the CTD. Current Git version, by the way.

Also, in this game the Congress system only worked once after I had spawned in, when I got New Orleans from France after warring Spain and England. I remember seeing a Python exception error at some point early on during the game. I could perhaps submit one of the earlier saves from this game, or play one of them out to see if it happens again, if you would like.

Edit: I've noticed it happening in other games, especially after savescumming. Karma in action?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
    Leoreth likes this.
  11. Leoreth

Thanks for reporting. Someone has already reported a Congresses error earlier, that might be related to your problems. But I will investigate the crash.

Doodleskris likes this.
  12. Nyayr

Nyayr Prince

I made a post few days abck with the greeks being unable to found religions, anyone else experienced this? Orthordox and Islam.

13. Leoreth

I have noted the report, but did not have the chance to look at it.

14. DC123456789

DC123456789 Deity

I guess this kind of counts as a bug report, but are the Core and Settlervalue buttons/screens in the WorldBuilder supposed to be identical?

15. migck

migck Señor de la guerra

The Byzantine Athens in the 600AD scenario has a pagan temple. Not an Olympian temple, a pagan temple from back when, and doesn't even appear in the WB building list.

1SDAN and Leoreth like this.
  16. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

The platybuilder has a feature that automatically filters out elements that "not supposed to happen". (Like UU/UB of other civs, certain promotions for units etc.). You can remove those filters by clicking on the "Hide Inactive" button in the main WB screen or "Hide Inactive" text in the subscreens.

Jarlaxe Baenre and 1SDAN like this.
  17. AluminumKnight

AluminumKnight Conquistador

I've been trying to install DoC latest version.

1. I am installing to the Steam directory (...common\Civ 4 Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rhye's of Civilization)
    2. Rename folder to RFC Dawn of Civilization
    3. Attempt to Load a Mod, get the following error before game launches

There are more siblings than memory allocated for them in CvXMLLoadUtility::SetVariableListTagPair
    Current XML file is: xml\Civilizations/CIV4LeaderHeadInfos.xml

Game launch hangs up and I have to end task through the task manager.

I tried a fresh install of both BTS and Rhye's of Civilization and got the same error.

Help! I need to try the new version :)

18. Leoreth

Have you done this (from the first post of the thread)?
    By the way, this mod is independent of Rhye's and Fall, you do not need it to play DoC and it has no influence on any issues with DoC.

19. borhap88

borhap88 Prince

I'm in Medieval Era, but I receive as Great Statesman Francesco Guicciardini, who belongs to Renaissance. Here's a save one turn before his spawn.

Attached Files:

Zaddy likes this.
  20. Leoreth

This may be working as intended. The algorithm to select a name is designed to always select a minimal selection of possible names, even if it has to be filled with names from following eras. This way, it is guaranteed that civs that have no or only few names for a given era will still get a unique GP by pulling from another era, and for names not to be too repetitive across games.

I will still check out that save to make sure everything is working as intended.

borhap88 likes this.