1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Reports

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Road to War' started by Tboy, Aug 6, 2007.

1. Tboy

Tboy Future world ruler

First of all, I'd like to say this is a great mod, and one of my personal favourites. It covers so much of WWII.

However, as in all things, there is the occasional bug, some of which I have encountered. Since there isn't currently a bug report thread, I thought I'd create one.

2 bugs to report:

1.As Germany, after attacking and invading most of France, for some reason I cannot take Paris with any of my units, and there is only a fighter plane in the city. It is not that it kills my units; it is that I cannot move any unit into Paris.

2.I have noticed as the UK that Canada does not have access to oil, as trade cannot be done over oceans. Is this intentional or an oversight?

Anyway, keep up the good work Dale!

2. Tboy

Tboy Future world ruler

Also, not really a bug report, but I notice the voices are wrong for most nations (e.g. Russian troops use US voices, as do most other nations). If this were tweaked, it'd help the overall feel of the mod.

3. Dale

Dale Chieftain

4. wotan321

wotan321 Chieftain

I am getting a CTD after I choose my civ and settings, but before the map loads. I am trying to use the 1936 Europe scenario.

Anyone else seen this? The regular BtS works fine.

5. Tboy

Tboy Future world ruler

Yup, I've read through it, and downloaded long before these bug reports, but it doesn't seem to solve any of my questions, unless I'm missing something?

6. wotan321

wotan321 Chieftain

Okay, for all of youz guys losing sleep over my dilemna, here is more information.

The scenario crashes to desktop with an Windows error message asking me if I want to send the error to Microsoft.

The errant file is msvcp71.dll.

It ONLY occurs when loading a scenario in the Road to War mod, all other mods/scenarios load fine.

The RtW scenario worked fine UNTIL I loaded the recent RtW patch.

Any ideas on a fix?

7. Dale

Dale Chieftain

8. wotan321

wotan321 Chieftain

Thanks, I will give that a try.

What is WEIRD is that when I went back and searched CFC for mention of this file, I found that I had the same error last year when I was trying to mod Paasky's WW2 scenario. There, I just gave up and started over. I had forgotten all about that....

I bought BtS mainly to get to this RtW scenario, ironically WW2 scenarios seem to be a problem with my PC.... <g>. Like I said, all other BtS scenarios work just fine, but the updated version of RtW crashes. Weird.

9. Dale

Dale Chieftain

Tboy:

For 1 (in the OP) if you have a save I'd love to see it. :)
    For 2, it'll be fixed in the next beta. You are right, ocean trade isn't active.

10. Farrapo

Farrapo Chieftain

Running app version 3.0.0.86, mod 1.0.0.1, I get a fatal crash running any civilization except Germnay and Japan ... offset 001663050, cvgamecore.dll.dll.

Seems odd that the two main civs work in all three versions, no other civ does ... any odeas?

11. Dale

Dale Chieftain

Open explorer and browse to: ..\Beyond the Sword\Mods\

Do you see "The Road to War" or "RtW add on pack 1"?

If you see "RtW add on pack 1" then open that folder and you will see "The Road to War". Move that folder down one to "Mods". :)

12. Eadro

Eadro Chieftain

I'm having a similar problem as TBoy with the innitial add on pack 1 release.

Sometimes enemy air units are blocking movement to the tile they are stationed on. This happenes with cities (especuially if I bombed dead the other land units using navel units) or tiles with air units stationed in some sort of fort (? air base? sorry forgot the name).

What I did, I occupied the enemy city one turn earlier than initially intended to work around this problem. Could never ever capture the other none city tile though. The units disapeared though, once I destroyed the civ they belonged to.

I have encountered another bug: the never ending computer turn bug. No matter how much time I give, the AI will not complete their turn. Ultimateley leading to me abandoning the game and starting a new one.

Will try to confirm this with the beta releases or the add on pack 2, depending on what I can get my hands on first.

Both bugs occured in the RtW in the Pacific theatre.

13. Dale

Dale Chieftain

Those bugs are fixed in beta 3. :)

14. Eadro

Eadro Chieftain

Oh excellent! :goodjob:

Can't wait to get the game going again then.

BTW, best CIV MOD ever! any taregt release date for add on pack 2?

15. Penguin_Of_Doom

Penguin_Of_Doom Chieftain

I'm having a problem loading saved games for this mod, there is a 'fail to uncompress' error message then it crashes to the desk top. I'm running the latest version of add on pack 1 and the BTS 3.13 patch.

16. Dale

Dale Chieftain

17. Penguin_Of_Doom

Penguin_Of_Doom Chieftain

Thanks Dale, I've downloaded the patch and everything works fine.

The Mod looks great, looking forwards to playing this now.

18. Ace of Gold

Ace of Gold MAKE WAY FOR THE BAD GUY

I dont know if someone said this or if this is a bug but I was playing as france but the units still talk in English when i click on them or move them. It probubly happens to other countries too.

19. Anthropoid

Anthropoid Grognard fantome

ADDIT: Hallelujah! Un-installing BTS, reinstalling, re-patching to 3.1, and then installing the 1.0 and 1.1 RTW upgrades has brought sound back to RTW!

In short, the problem I describe below in my original post seems to have been fixed conclusively.

I've had two types of problems with RTW scenarios that might constitute bugs.

First, before I installed 3.13 patch, I had the game lockup a couple times in the late game when it was getting to be lots of units. This prevented me from winning at least twice. When I would reload the .sav, it would lockup again. I presumed this was just a processing overload sort of issue, else an accumulated corruption issue?

Second, after I installed 3.13 patch, I had a new problem with no sounds right from the beginning. I have not upgraded to the upgrade pack for RTW. This problem only occurred with RTW mods and all three stock scenarios (both 1936, and the 1939 scenarios).

Here is the procedure I've followed. Load BTS. I hear all the
    startup music. Load a Mod. Still hear sounds fine.

Select Road to War. Select Single Player. Select Load a Scenario.
    (It works the same if I load the scenarios via the BTS Content screen)
    Select RTW Europe 1936. Select Germany. Select Noble Difficulty.

The Signature screen of US troops walking the burning Germany village
    comes up (full screen), followed by the smaller popup window of
    info about the Mod (no sounds). Click OK to close the smaller window and the game progresses to the game map but no sound.

The signature screen with the air-raid warning pops up to start the game.
    I hear the air-raid warning. Close this screen, and no more sounds.

Move an infantry and fortify or sentry it: no sound.
    Move a bomber or fighter to another city: no sound.
    Zoom the map in or out: no sound.
    Click open a city: no sound.
    Move a tank and fortify or sentry it: no sound.
    Send a plane on a recon mission: no sound.

What I expect to be happening is everytime I tell a unit to fortify or move,
    etc., I should hear sounds, plus there should be background sounds (cows,
    birds, etc.) and when I go into a city, I should hear town noises. I hear
    none of these. I attach a .sav.

Exit to the Main Menu for the RTW Mod. Start another SP game, this time
    RTW 1936 Pacific. Follow all the same steps, except play as Japan.

Same problem with RTW 1936 Pacific.

Exit to the Main Menu for the RTW Mod. Start another SP game, this time
    RTW 1939 Europe. Follow all the same steps, play as Germany.

Same problem with the RTW 1939 Europe.

This is not happening to me in other scenarios, or non-scenario SP games.

After I diagnosed this this morning as being common to all the RTW scenarios, I uninstalled BTS (and Warlords too since I'm never gonna play it again anyway). I then reinstalled BTS, but have not yet patched back to 3.13, nor have I tried to install the RTW upgrade pack 1.

My questions: (1) am I the only one experiencing anything like either of these two possible bugs (the late game crashes in the original patch, and the no sounds in the 3.13 patch); (2) is it likely that uninstalling and reinstalling has fixed it? If so, then I'd like to go ahead and repatch to 3.13 so I can (a) start a PBEM with some friends, and (b) install the RTW upgrade pack 1.

20. Figaro

Figaro Tywysog

I'm getting a problem - when trying to play hotseat games, the game removes control of certain powers after they take their turn. So if for example I start the Europe 1936 scenario with humans in control of Germany, Italy, East Balkan and Finland, they'll all take their first turn as normal, but after Finland's turn is finished it just ends turn and goes back to Finland (instead of cycling through to Germany again) and leaves me playing only as Finland. I'm using the Add-on Pack with BtS v3.13.