Bug Reports

Horem

Emperor
All Bug reports go here.

Crashing

Enable lua loging : open the config.ini file (in "..\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5") with notepad or any other text editor, find the line with "LoggingEnabled = 0" and replace by "LoggingEnabled = 1".
First check to make sure you are patched upto date.
Clear ModUserdata and Cache folders and restart CCTP to see if you still experience the crash.
Please provide this information in your bug report:-

• Zipped up Log files.
  • A brief description of what you were doing before the crash.
  • A list of any other mods you were using with CCTP.

Text Bugs

Post them in this thread.

Any other Bugs

Please provide as much information as you can, this will help us track bugs down quicker.

great that you guys have now sub-forums!! well deserved!!
what about wrong text e.g. help text of monarchy states that garrison units provide +3 happiness but they only provide just +1.
many techs also have the wrong text e.g. the help text of a researched tech states different things then the shown icon of that tech. do you want to have this stuff here as well - or is it something for later?

Later please :). If there is an effect that's wrong (ie a building that says it will give 2g to a resource that instead gives 2 food), post that. Otherwise, let the text stuff be as it may. With Fires working on the tech tree (and the governments right after), most of this stuff will clean itself up.

Ok a little bit out of point, but i have encountered some ctd.
I dont think they are related to CCTP. Its more that CiV doesnt use all my cores and there for the game crashes. I use a I7 processor and a lot of ram, but i get some heavy crashes. Can anybody give me a tipp what to do?. When my game ctd one of my cores is at 13 %(all others are by 2 or less), i posted it before on another thread, and someone told me its the bad design from Civ.
Anyone else have problems like this, or can help me please.:badcomp:

Ok a little bit out of point, but i have encountered some ctd.
I dont think they are related to CCTP. Its more that CiV doesnt use all my cores and there for the game crashes. I use a I7 processor and a lot of ram, but i get some heavy crashes. Can anybody give me a tipp what to do?. When my game ctd one of my cores is at 13 %(all others are by 2 or less), i posted it before on another thread, and someone told me its the bad design from Civ.
Anyone else have problems like this, or can help me please.:badcomp:

Because i usually run the game in a window during testing i turn down some of the graphic settings, randomly :lol:. Couple weeks ago i decided to play a full game and forgot to turn these settings back up and i was like wtf this is super stable :). Couple days later i played again but turned my options up and i got crashes.

When i put some stuff back down it was stable again :crazyeye:, now knowing every computer is totally different these are the settings i use (see screenshot) so i dunno if it will help :)

I am also on an I7 with win 7, but just 4gig of RAM and AMD graphics

Attachments

• settings.jpg
    settings.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 425
I am also on an I7 with win 7, but just 4gig of RAM and AMD graphics

Thanks i will try this next time i play. I also have a amd card and 8 ram, my pc is called predator g3610.
Also iam feeling like a idiot with my old pc i always make the settings down when i hit ctd, but i dont know why i have forget that.:crazyeye:
Btw since i buyed sins of a solar system rebellion i doesnt played civ, was to frustrated from the crashes. but when you start the new version i will come back.

I play them too on occasion :) not rebellion so much no Star Trek Mod :)

Lol thats true but i play with sins plus and double fleet support, infact i have all parts of sin.;)

PS. Glad to hear you are a trekki, Qapla.

Thank you for an amazing mod :goodjob:

However, I have a problem with version 3.35 (as well as 3.25): can't scroll the tech trees (no scroll bar).

The version currently on steam (3.15) did not have this problem.

As you advised before, I took the precaution of deleting the cache folder, in addition to the ModUserdata folder, and completely deleted the old mod (as well as unsubscribed it from steam), and started a new game (after restarting civ).

I have G&K installed, and I'm not running any other mods.

Is there something I'm missing?

I've zipped and attached the logs folder.

Good luck and thank you.

Attachments

• Logs.zip
    9.1 KB · Views: 233
I just finished a game with v3.15 - the result is not shown in the hall of fame - just a minor point.

some odd point regarding the tech tree: pikeman becomes absolete with metallurgy - but you can only build them after researching feudalism which is on the same tech level as metallurgy - so it can happen that you research metallurgy before feudalism and cannot built them at all - only by upgrade as you can still built spearman because it becomes obsolete only with civil service which comes a little bit later in the tech tree.

Wow thanks Karantaner for finding this oversight. Will be addressed :D

I planned to try the new CCTP mod as soon as it came out...but ended up as the victim of an embarrassing bug. After choosing my favorite civ, a Legendary Earth map, and the God-King RTP, I landed in so much fog-of-war that I couldn't see the starting location. So I took two or three steps to get my bearings...there were no encounters, no prompt to build or reseach, no new land appeared. Barely a split second later, the defeat screen popped up; it said that 51 turns had passed before my defeat (although game time doesn't go by that fast. not even on Quick pacing).

Has anyone else suffered a similar "defeat by bug"? If you have. please let the developers know; that error needs fixing very soon!

I planned to try the new CCTP mod as soon as it came out...but ended up as the victim of an embarrassing bug. After choosing my favorite civ, a Legendary Earth map, and the God-King RTP, I landed in so much fog-of-war that I couldn't see the starting location. So I took two or three steps to get my bearings...there were no encounters, no prompt to build or reseach, no new land appeared. Barely a split second later, the defeat screen popped up; it said that 51 turns had passed before my defeat (although game time doesn't go by that fast. not even on Quick pacing).

Has anyone else suffered a similar "defeat by bug"? If you have. please let the developers know; that error needs fixing very soon!

Whenever you get this it is mostly due to a conflict, so do all the things in the first post clear cache, moduser, make sure only CCTP is enabled etc. If nothing after all that then enable logging and post the log files with a more detailed walk through of what you pressed :).

How to enable logging:
Enable lua loging : open the config.ini file (in "..\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5") with notepad or any other text editor, find the line with "LoggingEnabled = 0" and replace by "LoggingEnabled = 1"

Hi.

Remove Jungle is listed as a feature of Mining, however it still requires Bronze Working.

The Mausoleum of Halicarnass does not improve Marble gold yield, even though it claims otherwise.

Thanks John. Will be addressed.

@isnorden: You have to select which map type you want, you can't just leave it on CCTP Compatible Maps. I've made that mistake from time to time too :D

error / crash on setup screen before map start

also missing

bottomframe_Thinner.dds

Attachments

• Logs.zip
    16.6 KB · Views: 235
error / crash on setup screen before map start

also missing

bottomframe_Thinner.dds

From the files it looks like you don't have the Gods and Kings expansion?

database.log:
Code:
[6737.917] no such column: SpiesGrantedForEveryone
[6737.917] In Query - UPDATE Eras SET "ResearchAgreementCost" = ?, "StartingCulture" = ?, "StartingGold" = ?, "SpiesGrantedForEveryone" = ?, "FreePopulation" = ?, "BuildingMaintenancePercent" = ?, "GrowthPercent" = ?, "TrainPercent" = ?, "ConstructPercent" = ?, "ResearchPercent" = ?, "GreatPeoplePercent" = ? WHERE "Type" = ?;

Top Bottom