Bug - sabotage is good for your economy (Not a Bug)

MyOtherName

Emperor
I just finished a space race, and discovered an odd bug.

In most of my cities with industrial districts, workshops are giving +2, factories +3, and power plants +4 production.

But in my capitol -- which has undergone a couple sabotage/repair cycles on my industrial district and is currently not repaired -- my workshop is giving +0, factory +9, and power plant +12.

If I repair the three buildings, then the workshop gives +2, factory +12, and power plant +16.

The figures are taken from the tooltip over the city's yield indicators in the bottom right -- I can't tell if the tooltip is simply misreporting or if I'm really getting that production.

The yield display in the "view reports" button reports the same amount of production, although it displays what the workshop/factory/power plant should be giving me. However, it's the figures in the tool tip that add up to the displayed value.

Are you sure it's not the result of regional effects? Factories give +3 production to all cities within 6 tiles and power plants +4 production to all cities within 6 tiles. When you hover over the yield indicator bonus production from factories and power plants in other cities are counted to factory and power plant yields.

It is probably the stacking of regional effects from factories and power plants in nearby cities. You can post a save file and we can take a look, but I suspect this is not a bug.

I... somehow never saw that they had regional effects. And by coincidence, other cities did have their IZ exactly 6 tiles from my capitol, and the capitol was the only city I had that was within 6 tiles of an IZ.

Last edited:
Note that the radius of regional effects is measured from the tile where the district or wonder is located -- not from the city center of the city where the district or wonder is located.

Top Bottom