1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug with a culture flipped city

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by happyturtle, May 27, 2014.

1. happyturtle

happyturtle Mrs GrumpyOldCivver

I was playing as Austria and got Freedom named as World Ideology. China, running Order, had a city flip to me which used to belong to Siam. I clicked 'liberate' because it wasn't a city I wanted. The city colour changed from China's green to Siam's yellow. Then the 'Choose Production' button came up. It wanted me to choose the production in the just flipped city, which of course I couldn't do since it no longer belonged to me.

Since I couldn't click on that button, I couldn't end the turn, so the game is hung there. I could go back to an autosave and choose to annex or raze the city instead of liberating it, but that isn't the ideal choice.

Anyone have any clues?

(I was running the City State Diplomacy mod, one that adds extra merchantile luxury resources, InfoAddict, and a few others. I think only CSD directly impacts gameplay.)

2. Heretiv

Heretiv Warlord

Sounds like autosave is your friend.

3. Arcaian

Arcaian Warlord

Might want to save and reload? Have had similar things happen to me on multiplayer.